Who Belongs to the??????

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Who Belongs to the??????

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Looking into joining the NYS Rifle and Pistol Assn......
Who belongs.....why or why not?

https://www.nysrpa.org/
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Who Belongs to the??????

Postby 870 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm friends with them on FB
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby Slack Tide » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Jeees.......no wonder we are screwed......150 looks and you are the first response......
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby jeepman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:50 am

I would be a member. I support them all the way. They seem like they are doing good job of not letting the Safe Act fall by the wayside. I just belong to so many other organizations ( American Legion, DAV, NRA, DU, and North Country Veterans Association) that I'm going broke paying membership dues. If you were on the fence about joining I would say do it. You live in an area of the state where there is an over whelming number of non-hunters to hunters. Joining that organization increases their numbers as well as provides funding to fight the good fight. Locally, I see them organize protests, but I feel they also need to ramp up education for communities,and particularly to the people who don't care one way or the other. Winning hearts and minds within the community is going to carry a lot more weight in the long run that a one day pro-gun rally.
jeepman
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:54 am

jeepman wrote: They seem like they are doing good job of not letting the Safe Act fall by the wayside.

Do you mean that they are doing a good job trying to not let the "fight against the SAFE act fall by the wayside?"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby jeepman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:07 am

Slack Tide wrote:Do you mean that they are doing a good job trying to not let the "fight against the SAFE act fall by the wayside?"

Yes, from everything that I have read they are doing great at being a strong voice for gun owners in NYS. Now that is an organization as a whole. there are a ton of news articles about the safe act and it seems that many of them the NYSRPA is in the front leading the charge against it. If your not sure, I would say join, go to a few meetings and to see what they are about. If you don't care for it don't reup the next year. I have done that with may different organizations.
jeepman
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting