OK, Long Island, Last Chance

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

OK, Long Island, Last Chance

Postby Frank Lopez » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:36 pm

Alright, I think I've got a pretty good idea about what everyone's preferences are, but I thought I'd post up one more time before the meeting on Saturday. So far, it looks like just about everyone favors a split season, with as many days as possible in the first split and as many weekend days as possible. The eastern zone for geese seems to favor the goose season to at least open, if not open and close on the same day as the second split. The western zone would like to have the goose season run as late as possible. The guides and sea duckers that I've contacted seem to want to see a late and straight season for sea ducks, with nothing opening before October 15.

So let's hear it. This could be your last chance at input. If you don't provide any input, you can't complain later.

Frank
I feel slightly sorry for a man who has never patterned his gun, who has no idea how far his chosen load will retain killing penetration. But I'm extremely sorry for the ducks he shoots at beyond the killing range of his gun and load - Bob Brister
Frank Lopez
hunter

Re: OK, Long Island, Last Chance

Postby sssurfertim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:35 pm

Sounds good Frank, Thankyou for keeping is in the loop. Amazing how non of the guys that have been on the task force for years never openly asked for hunter input and let us know what was going on like you have. :clapping:
No island leaft for Islanders like me.
sssurfertim
hunter

Postby KRB » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm good with that. Please pass on anything about an early Teal season. Thanks
KRB
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:10 pm

I would like guys who are not local to stop buzzing all over long island like rats to a turd pile because some one Face Booked them that they shot a pile of Buffs here or there....
I would like guys in Dodge pickups and the requisite Monster Energy Drink logo sticker to stop throwing those buffs in garbage pails at the ramp.....
I would like a "I will tolerate hearing you, but not seeing you" distance rule..
I would like Kayak Mines to be legal...
I would like those kite boarders from Brooklyn to stop coming out here, especially the crazy Albanians.....sick
I would like to add anyone with a Go Pro to the daily bag limit.

I gotta go eat...
more later
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby KRB » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:17 am

Slack Tide wrote:I would like guys who are not local to stop buzzing all over long island like rats to a turd pile because some one Face Booked them that they shot a pile of Buffs here or there....
I would like guys in Dodge pickups and the requisite Monster Energy Drink logo sticker to stop throwing those buffs in garbage pails at the ramp.....
I would like a "I will tolerate hearing you, but not seeing you" distance rule..
I would like Kayak Mines to be legal...
I would like those kite boarders from Brooklyn to stop coming out here, especially the crazy Albanians.....sick
I would like to add anyone with a Go Pro to the daily bag limit.

I gotta go eatmore later

:lol3: The monster energy drink thing bothers me to
KRB
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting