Duck Hunting Forum banner

GOOSE

2K views 37 replies 12 participants last post by  wackemstackem 
#1 ·
WOULD YOU RATHER HUNT OVER WATER OR A FEILD
Water631.58%
Feild1368.42%

#4 ·
Always hunted them over water cause I had the deeks for it. Now I have a bunch of field shells so I'm looking to try field hunting out. That also looks like fun. :yes:

#14 ·
I think from my own personal experience, geese are much easier to control in the field. By that I mean, I can get geese to do what I want them to do with my calling in a field moreso than over the water. This year, I had some problems getting geese to finish in close over the water and on TOO many occasions. Still killed a few over the water but, in the field when they decided to give us a look most of the time they would check up on my comeback, drop their feet with my murmurs and stalled clucks, as well as lock in on our spot with the flag. We even shot bonus mallards on occasion in the field. I want to hunt the field everyday that way I don't get wet by falling in.

#24 ·
cobber said:
QUACK3XS said:
I agree unless the water is FROZEN :rofl:
Last year I actually killed quite a few birds over ICE in the field. They used the area almost everyday before freeze-up so when it iced over I just set it up like normal. They worked fine.
What did you do this year after everything froze up there smarty pants?

. . . . . went duck hunting over open water :yes:

just bustin' your balls jeff :hammer:

#25 ·
Yeah, this year was very different. Birds were not using the fields and NO WATER. Had to scramble to even find birds. 16" of snow the first week of Dec. didn't help. Next year there will be some changes in the game plan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.