Duck Hunting Forum banner

Last day band

512 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Whistlerwhittler 
#1 ·
What are the chances.For the second year in a row on the last day of the season a rookie gets a banded brant.My self and bud decided at around 9:30 to take a walk on the marsh and try to jump shoot some blacks.Everything was frozen and not a black around.We get about 300yrds away and were lookin at the boats and notice a few brant starting to deek.Cool lets see if they wack a couple,2 guys 1 kid shoot 2 drop out of the sky.We make our way back and the rookie so excited he cant talk.I I I got a banded brant.One shot fell 10 ft from the boat on the marsh.Nice shot bro.I think its got one of those bands on their.WHAT...yea look.Conrgats!!!!!!!!!!!!!.The guys got about 5 hunts under his belt,go figure,anyway,hes so excited he calls in the band while we are still hunting and as hes on the phone another small flock deeks up.He tells the lady can you hold on a sec.puts the phone down and wacks another brant.Hi are you still their,,,,,,sorry bout that. :clapping:

#4 ·
That's great that the new guy got a banded bird. We also had a good time this weekend hunting brant and bufflehead down your way. You sure have some nice marsh down there.

Your band story reminds me of a hunt we had on LI about 5 years ago. There was four of us including my brother Steve. It was only his second or third hunt. A lone brant sailed over the spread. Just as one of my buddies called out "He's all your's Steve!", I was putting the hammer down on the banded brant. Oops! :rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.