Duck Hunting Forum banner

Aubertine vs Barclay

913 views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  CoachH325 
#1 ·
What does everyone think?
I have my own opinions, and am still reading up up both, but I have to tell you Barclay just rubs me the wrong way. I know I'm from Cape Vincent, but I've had my share of run ins with Aubertine as well, and I have to give him credit despite some diagreements we have been able to maintain a good raport. Late last summer The Canadian Govt. was giving us a hard time regarding taking fishing parties into Canadian waters. Rather than take a chance at a hefty fine, and possible confiscation of all my stuff I called Aubertines office. He wrote a letter on our (area fishing guides) behalf and got some much needed clarification.

He was also against Grannis' appointment as DEC commisioner, which could still have a negative impact on waterfowlers\ trappers alike.

I guess I didn't keep my views neutral in starting this thread, but it seems the older I get the harder it is not to form a somewhat educated opinion.

#2 ·
This has been getting on my nerves also, as I am also now a permanent resident in this area and have a vote on who I want as a Senator.

Barclay comes from a long line of political people and he seems to have a decent reputation. He does seem a little young and I think he could use a few more years experience. He is Republican so he is alright with me. By the way, are most North Country folks Democrats??

Aubertine, who lives just down the road from me, but I have never actually met, seems to be a good hometown, local guy. I am not saying that he has not done anything good for NY, but there are some things he did that just get on my nerves!

Even though I am a Republican, I am still undecided on who I will vote for!

#3 ·
I have to go with Aubertine, he just seems like he's been here long enough to understand our position on most issues. But like Rockbass said, I haven't completely decided yet. The things that concern me most are usually environmental issues and outdoor issues, and I think Aubertine would be the most understanding to our wants and needs.

#9 ·
CPT D good idea...Here at Fort Drum, I'll put up a few fliers at the PX, so we should have enough 10th MTN boys out there this weekend to help build about 50 blinds. :thumbsup: In September we should be able to kill every Goose that flies within 100 yards of that field!! I'll even get a few snipers so we can shoot the ones that are out of shotgun range! :sniper:

#12 ·
Hey CLUTCH that's a good idea. If elected, when I get to Washington I will do nothing for those who voted me in. All the promise's I made to get me there will be empty promises. I will let all the power I have completely corrupt me and I will line my pockets with special interest money. I will lie to you every chance I get, to win your support for the bills that will best suite my needs not yours. Now for day two……. :yes: J/K :thumbsup:

#14 ·
870 said:
Hey CLUTCH that's a good idea. If elected, when I get to Washington I will do nothing for those who voted me in. All the promise's I made to get me there will be empty promises. I will let all the power I have completely corrupt me and I will line my pockets with special interest money. I will lie to you every chance I get, to win your support for the bills that will best suite my needs not yours. Now for day two……. :yes: J/K :thumbsup:
Hmmm :huh: , Don Schumer? Or Don Clinton? You need a PR person let me know.

#18 ·
I worked on the Ron Paul campain (disclaimer, I don't agree with him on every position, but I can't fault his reasons for his positions. They are not politically or popularity related.).

Many people who were precinct leaders for Paul will be running on local levels in the coming years. I plan to be one of them.

As far as immigration, taxes, social security, and the second Amendment, I plan to eventually make a congressional run on the same platform as Paul. In my opinion, you can't go wrong supporting people who are strictly for the Constitution and are Reagan conservatives when it comes to the economy and Federal Reserve.

Change starts at the local level.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.