Duck Hunting Forum banner

New ducker here from NC

2K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  QUACK3XS 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to pop in and say hello. I moved to NYC on like the 12th on Jan. and had to "duck" outa season early :sad: . Hope everyone had some luck. Looks like im gonna be here for next season. So this spring gotta start some scoutin.

Just wanted to get on and say hello. So ill be here alot during the boring season.

With open ears ready to learn from you up north boys. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
:welcome: I live about 500 miles from you, but you should be good to go. I'm sure the boys will take care of you. I think you maybe in for a treat up here :thumbsup: I used to live in NC ( graham NC) & there are waaaaaaaay more ducks up here, glad to have ya.

#5 ·
thanks for the reply's fellas! Man plan is to get envolved here and meet some folks to hunt with next season.

this spring ima go home and bring my car back and try to find some walk in spots and try to scout some spots for puddle ducks. We will see how it goes. Until then im here to absorb the knowledge.

#7 ·
NCBsk8a910.. does that name mean NC biscuit at 910 area code?? I am from NC also, as you probably could tell by the name. I joined the Army in 1988 and never returned for good. I love Northern NY. It's just like NC, except for the snow! Welcome to DHC :welcome: :welcome:

#13 ·
Oh I do recall one day in Dec that would have crippled even Annie Oakley's averages... As I recall it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 for 25...maybe even worse.

And where the hell do you get off saying you'll be up there next season??? Who am I supposed to hunt with 3 days a week??? Don't leave me hangin down here. You had better start makin some pretty big bucks up there so you can afford to fly back and forth...or better yet, fly me back and forth.

Quack3sx...get this boy on some ducks up there so I'll have a decent place to hunt when he pays for my plane ticket up there. :smile:

Seriuosly, any of ya'll would be lucky to have him in your blind. He'll wake up at 2AM, haul twice his weight in gear and won't complain a bit when it's 10 deg and there ain't a duck in sight. He can also blow a duck call pretty good too. Best part is you can be guaranteed he won't out shoot you. :lol: Sorry man, couldn't resist.

#14 ·
Wow, he gets up early, carrys most of the stuff and is a bad shot, sound like you just described tarheel yankee :rofl:

Seriously sounds like you have a great hunting partner glad he's with us :thumbsup:

#15 ·
ah now im blushin. Oh nevermind its just this nyc wind that seems to blow in your face no matter what direction your walkin.

Thanks Dz except for the shootin part. And dont be tricked fellla 2x my weight isnt exactly sayin a whole lot but eh.

Dont worry DZ theres gonna be alot of hunts either way. Plus i here if i stay and you make a trip up here we might actually get to see a decent number of ducks.... :thumbsup:

#18 ·
870...UH...LEST WE FORGET THE BUFFLEHEAD THAT GOT AWAY FROM YOU.... :huh: BLAM......BLAM. BLAM .."CHRIS GIVE ME THAT BAG OF SHELLS"...BLAM BLAM BLAM ..."MY BAD MAX...NO BIRD MAX...MAX.. COME MAX!!" :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:

I JUST HAD TO PUT THAT OUT THERE, :thumbsup: AND I AM PROUD TO GET UP AT O-DARK-THIRTY AND CARRY ALL YOUR WEIGHT...OLD MAN! :yes:

#22 ·
Hey Quack haven't formally met you yet or DZ, or Willie, or tarheel yankee but seems like we all seem to end up in the same post's some how or another. maybe next year we can all get together and do a hunt? Hey Quack, give me a time to be at Erie and I'm there.

#26 ·
Willie said:
870...I think you hunted w/Hunterz (another cool NC fellow) over Christmas up there? Sounds like ya'll had a heck of a good time!
Ya it was a good hunt the birds wanted to die that day. Mike is a great guy and he has a real sweet pup on his hands :thumbsup:

I just want to say :welcome: glad to have ya'll with us :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.