Duck Hunting Forum banner

Cant wait till summer

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  DiscoDuck 
#1 ·
Now that it has sunk in that duck season is over Im looking foward to getting my boat ready and doing some fishing.Heres a couple of pics from last season.

[edited 1 time by harvey1b to show images]

See less See more
#15 ·
Wackem......That was a tough fish.....I caught it off Cabo San Lucas a couple of years ago. We got into the striped Marlin as well. No Blues or Blacks, but I'll take that Bull all day long. The Captain said the fish would go in the mid to high 60's. All I know is Ive never seen a fish jump like that one.....

#16 ·
Hey Dep66 good luck with that course. I did it in 2000. I went through a place called SEA-SCHOOL. They offer courses all over the U.S.. If you have questions or need a hand post it. I know Capt. D-Head has a ticket as well he may have a 100-ton.
RB

#17 ·
Rocky and Captain Duckhead......I might me emailin ya if I run into any snags. By the way, I'm kinda familiar with your area........French weekend....Muskies off Carlton....Northerns off Fox and Grenadier....Chamout Smallies...and of course the perch dinners at Captain Jacks. The beers are pretty good there too..... :thumbsup:

#20 ·
Dude I knew you looked familiar to me. Did you hang out with Bruno and his crew? I caught all those perch you ate at Jacks, and I was the bartender for 6-7 years. I am a blonde, but not the one with a nice rack.

#21 ·
Good luck with your course Dep.......That white marlin beat the snot out me.I was trying to hold it still for the pick,he was still a little green tho.Those fish were caught this past aug on the west wall of the hudson canyon.We had 16 yellowfin that nite and 2 whites on the troll.

#22 ·
Yup thats me.....Doug's Brother..... I know exactly who you are.....Man small world Bro...... Have you seen Al around? You know I haven't seen him around in a couple of years. Since the Huge part we had at the Barracks that one year. Have you seen or heard from Jen W.? I heard what happened to her man. Holy S@#^ it that a tough loss. Everyone always treated us good when we went in there.

Wackem....That is a great night out. I'm a fresh water kind of guy, but I jump at the chance for the big saltwater. Ive fished Ilsamorada Florida, Laguaria Venezuela and Cabo San Lucas. I know how far you guys have to go to get those fish. It just amazes me that the idiot Tred Barta goes all that way by himself.

#23 ·
Tred came to one of our club meetings,He is no doubt a pysco.Back in the day before tred was a rich man he would take an 18ft whaler with a couple barrels of gas on board.The tip of the canyon from shinnecock is about 80 miles.He would troll all day for big eyes.He would dump the barrels in the ocean empty and full and when he needed more fuel he would call out on the radio....Has anyone seen a 55 gallon barrel floating around.I read his book its a great read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.