Duck Hunting Forum banner

Improving the NY forum

3K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  CoachH325 
#1 ·
I believe that the NY forum is a great forum where you can have fun and get all of the answers your looking for, but in everything there is always room for improvement. Granted we are in the slow time for this site as well as any hunting sites out there. I believe you guys have some ideas that could stimulate conversation as well as change this forum that would make it more inviting to others.

One area where I'm going to be working on is, there isn't a bigger hijacker on this forum than yours truly, the one guy that should know better and one that should stop it from happening. Well to all of you guys that I've done this to, please accept my apologies. I know that in other forums I've had my topic's hijacked and that wasn't cool, so I'm sorry I'll work harder at it. That's not to say I won't sway a bit while I'm answering the topic, but I'll stay on topic.

So if you guys would send me a PM with any ideas that would make the NY forum the best State site out there. I will consider them, maybe one day you can say that was my idea.

#4 ·
Before any suggestions for improvement I just wanted to thank not only the mods but also all of the nys members. this site is one that i make sure to check on a daily basis because i truly enjoy it. other forums are just not as friendly and often what starts as a simple questions turns into a bashing of strategy and personal preference. i am not a seasoned veteran waterfowler and at the same time am not a first timer. i think its so awesome how guys on this site take the time to help new hunters get started. there is so much knowledge and experience from so many different areas on this site it fun to sit back and watch threads take shape.

a possible suggestion could be different spread pics. alot of times on the avery site people will post pics of spreads, some with awesome number of decoys. just a thought.

anyways, thanks mods and members :thumbsup:

#5 ·
kaylasbadshot said:
a possible suggestion could be different spread pics. alot of times on the avery site people will post pics of spreads, some with awesome number of decoys. just a thought.:
Thanks kevin thats what I'm looking for :thumbsup:

#13 ·
How about a get together?......we can have it at Harvs house :eek: :yes: No really, We could set a date, time & place and have a cookout or whatnot. We could split it into zones.....western & central have one..............eastern & NYC area have one. Well just an Idea, maybe I'm talkin out my :moon:

#14 ·
I was gonna post that up next there Quack. My old buddy from NC, HunterZ tried to do that in NC but they could never get it together. But what about us in Northern NY, :huh: you didn't mention that. I'm all for it. I can rent a big pig cooker from Fort Drum, and we could cook for many, many folks! I did it about 3 years ago at my house when I first moved in, just to get to know the neighbors. It turned out great and I made some good friends and a good first impression. :thumbsup:

Good Idea Quack! :biggrin:

#15 ·
tarheel yankee said:
I was gonna post that up next there Quack. My old buddy from NC, HunterZ tried to do that in NC but they could never get it together. But what about us in Northern NY, :huh: you didn't mention that. I'm all for it. I can rent a big pig cooker from Fort Drum, and we could cook for many, many folks! I did it about 3 years ago at my house when I first moved in, just to get to know the neighbors. It turned out great and I made some good friends and a good first impression. :thumbsup:

Good Idea Quack! :biggrin:
I could introduce you to the owner of the 1000 Islands Winery. Great place to host a pig roast. He was the first contracting officer on the ground in Afghanistan.

#17 ·
Keep the ideas coming boys, glad to hear them.

We now have our own NY state classifieds. Thing is, they will only let us sell things thought it that would be too bulky to ship out of State such as Boats full size decoys etc. All smaller items must go through the sites classifieds. Sorry! Please read on what's to be done Thanks.

We've been talking about a get together for a couple of years now, but nothing has come of it. Personally I'm all for it that would be too cool, putting faces with the names.
Thoughts of were, I have a Binford 6000 lead smelter, as well as some decoy weight molds. You bring the lead and we'll make some up. Cook out as for mentioned, possibly going to a trap range to find out who can shoot or not. J/K all in fun. Dog's welcome. As well as the families, so fill in the blanks guys, location and dates as well as who will head this up. Also whatever else you guys would want!!!! :thumbsup:

#19 ·
Come to think of it, if I organized it for him, I bet I could get the owner of the winery to let us hold a Duck Hunting/ Waterfowl expo and pig roast there....

If you guys think it is a good idea, I can get ahold of him and run it by him. I've organized events for him in the past.

#25 ·
If you need an alternative place to host the summer get together, let me know. I have access to some pretty sweet facilities as well, we may all have to chip in a small amount but we would have lodging, and all that stuff. I love that idea though, and Chris geting his hands on a pig cooker would be great. I think that's just what we need. If we could coax some of the Strong Island Boys this far north, it would be outstanding

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.