Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gilboa Area Hunt

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  harvey1b 
#1 ·
My folks are building a place up in Gilboa. I was wondering if there are any good spots around that area? I usually hunt south shore LI, or in Maryland / VA area where I live (I'm originally from LI). I'm not looking to steal anyone's honey hole, in fact, since I'm in VA I could probably only get up there 2-3 times a year. I'd be willing to trade out my good LI spots . . .for what that's worth. :rofl:

Also, if you're heading to LI or VA and looking to hunt, let me know. The pooch and I are always looking for guys to take on the boat. :thumbsup:

Pete

#2 ·
This is just a hunch having grown up in Otsego county not too far from Gilboa. I don't know the area too well so I can't point you to any specific spots, but Gilboa is right at the foot of the Catskills there in between the Susquehanna and Hudson fly ways. I'm sure there are good spots for local ducks like woodies, but unless to travel east to the Hudson Valley or west to the Susquehanna I don't think you will see big numbers of flight ducks in Gilboa.

Someone with more local knowledge could speak to it better than that, sorry I can't be more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.