son in law needs imfo

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: DukBum, 870

son in law needs imfo

Postby 870 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:41 pm

my son in law is new too duckhunting and he lives in Rochester and he want's to know where he can hunt. if you can help thank's :thumbsup:
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Postby 2labs » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:26 am

He might want to try the south end of Conesus lake, or maybe Iroquis National refuge in Gennesee County good luck!. :yes:
2labs
hunter

Postby 870 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:25 pm

2labs,
you da man, thanks bro
"As long as there are Flyways and their coming our way, you'll find us right here"
State Moderator

Ny Hunting

Postby Dep666 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:28 pm

2 Labs was right about Iroquios.Montezuma is pretty good too. Those two places are Draw only places. Across from Iroquios is Tonowanda refuge. That is a first come first serve place. All these places are hunted heavily. Lots and lots of pressure. I wouldn't hunt Braddocks bay until the late season. Too many idiots and you tend to get stopped by the DEC a bunch of times. I pretty much stick to the refuges and private land during the early season. Late season is all good on any shoreline of lakeontario. Divers galore. I try to stay away from the fingerlakes. Unless you know someone with a cottage it can be real frustrating. Last year I hunted conesus lake. I was in a boat w/ a blind. I was about twenty yards off shore in front of a vacant lot(had a sherrif's trailer on it) and a couple of tree huggers came up and were banging pots and pans while the ducks were setting in on me. NICE! Ive had similar situations on Honeyoe, and Canandaigua lakes. The north end of Cayuga has all the guys with their grass blinds rafted up. Probably about 20 blinds just at the north end. Now thats pressure. Your son-in law can drop me a e-mail if he needs any info.......Matt French
Dep666
hunter

Postby 870 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:04 pm

you da man, thanks again, sounds like we hunt alike hit it hard "GET R DONE"
State Moderator

Thanks!

Postby RunNgun870 » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:48 pm

Thanks guys! Matt I'll PM you...I appreciate any help I can get!
Gregg
:mrgreen:
RunNgun870
hunter

Re: Ny Hunting

Postby CLUTCHfan » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:03 am

Matt French wrote: I was about twenty yards off shore in front of a vacant lot(had a sherrif's trailer on it) and a couple of tree huggers came up and were banging pots and pans while the ducks were setting in on me. NICE! Ive had similar situations on Honeyoe, and Canandaigua lakes. ....Matt French

I've heard of that happening on Cayuga, by Ithaca. I also heard about a paint cannon some of them made. I keep a cell phone to call the game warden on me if this happens. It's illegal to harrass hunters.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Harassment

Postby Dep666 » Thu Sep 22, 2005 8:09 pm

Yea I did , but by the time the game warden came, I was at home relaxing with a cold one. Those guys around there have "better" things to do. The new thing is people with throw corn in the water in front of their dock, put up a sign that says no hunting baited area, and then come out and tell you that it is illegal to hunt over a baited area. Kind of sneaky. I haven't callenged the leaglity of it yet. Who the hell needs that headace.
Dep666
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:45 pm

I heard about the baiting as well. A game warden during my Waterfowl ID course said that if an area has been baited you can't hunt over it for a week or ten days. The tricky thing is that someone could bait it, and even if there is no corn present and you hunt there within the time limit, they can ticket you. It's amazing that these people will try to subject you to their ideals, but if you even attempt to point out a flaw in what they say they raise holy heck. My dad says that those type of people will defend to the death your right to agree with them.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Return to New York Duck Hunting