Pistol Permit 15 Months

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Pistol Permit 15 Months

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 am

And counting.........Suffolk County. They now say that they only need to take 6 months FROM THE INTERVIEW!.....But there is no language or guarantee of a quick turn around.
My friend, not me.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Pistol Permit 15 Months

Postby Lonegoose32 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 am

The whole process is a joke. We are still at 5 months or so from application to receiving permit. Whole process should take a month if that. I had address change so had to go back to sheriff and pay money and get pic taken again. Doubt i changed much for looks in couple months
I took course may 27 and was moving into new house june 1st. Told sheriff that and they said i needed to use current address...so i moved and they sent permit to old address and sheriffs dept wont fwd to new address. So i had to call sheriff to ask if permit was sent which they get bent when you call and ask. They said it was and returned back to them. Then i had to go pick it up there in 2 weeks and pay for amendment paperwork.
So if i didnt call my permit would have sat there for who knows how long. Cant wait to see how conceal carry goes.
They were here yesterday
Lonegoose32
hunter

Postby Keep Trying » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:17 pm

That's too bad. I heard that if you join MS 13 in Suffolk, you get one in your welcome pack.

No reasons given, I assume. In Nassau they are telling people it's shear volume and pistol license department's lack of resources.
Hang in there. Time and tide wait for no man. The day will come.
Be vocal and carry the message to support traditional American values. Fight the transformation of the Obamanation at every turn. It's not ok to ignore it.
Keep Trying
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:29 am

Keep Trying wrote: In Nassau they are telling people it's shear volume and pistol license department's lack of resources.

What's up KT?
Funny, on the thread link on the main page it says "Pistol Permit in 15 Months, Keep Trying".......says it all.

As for Nassau, I'm calling BS on that. If a cop pulls me over, they swipe my license and know everything they need to know about me in 10 seconds. That's all they need to know for the permit too. They never even called my references to BS on that.....swipe, license, done.
Are you aware of the process to physically GET your gun and register it?
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Mon May 01, 2017 6:41 am

I was at a party yesterday and met a guy who is a NYPD instructor at their range. He was telling me that cops that retire have to file civilian permits to legally process their gun after retirement. Can you imagine carrying your gun for 30 years on the job then you have to get in line for a permit?
So unbelievable...
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Postby spider316 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:40 am

You guys have us beat on the hunting opportunities, but Im speechless over the pistol permit stuff. Here in Mass, 2-3 months and with no major priors you get a class A LTC for any lawful purpose. Thats carry any place its legal for any lawful purpose, concealed ! Now there are Police Chiefs that will try to bust your balls, but if you talk to them and ask for the reason for the denial in writing they usually wont fight it because they know they cant legally deny your rights.
Most experienced novice Duckhunter the good Lord ever created !
spider316
hunter

Postby Slack Tide » Fri May 05, 2017 7:37 am

Spider,
This is a total violation. Forget the state of NY....right here on Long Island you have three totally separate jurisdictions that "interpret" the State Law differently. For that matter, western Suffolk and eastern Suffolk county are totally different. And there is simply no such thing as any kind of carry at all (other than business carry).....
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting