Pistol Permit 15 Months

New York goose hunting and duck hunting. This is the place to discuss it all.

Moderators: 870, DukBum

Pistol Permit 15 Months

Postby Slack Tide » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:30 am

And counting.........Suffolk County. They now say that they only need to take 6 months FROM THE INTERVIEW!.....But there is no language or guarantee of a quick turn around.
My friend, not me.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Remove Advertisements

DuckHuntingChat.com
Advertisement

Re: Pistol Permit 15 Months

Postby Lonegoose32 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 am

The whole process is a joke. We are still at 5 months or so from application to receiving permit. Whole process should take a month if that. I had address change so had to go back to sheriff and pay money and get pic taken again. Doubt i changed much for looks in couple months
I took course may 27 and was moving into new house june 1st. Told sheriff that and they said i needed to use current address...so i moved and they sent permit to old address and sheriffs dept wont fwd to new address. So i had to call sheriff to ask if permit was sent which they get bent when you call and ask. They said it was and returned back to them. Then i had to go pick it up there in 2 weeks and pay for amendment paperwork.
So if i didnt call my permit would have sat there for who knows how long. Cant wait to see how conceal carry goes.
They were here yesterday
Lonegoose32
hunter

Return to New York Duck Hunting