Rattle Snake Roundup

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Rattle Snake Roundup

Postby talkinquack » Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:59 pm

Went down to Tucker Town yesterday with a buddy to scout for some hunting spots. We came out of a cove and noticed a large snake swimming across the water. My buddy said it was a rattle snake. I kept going but my partner was determined to kill it. I turned around and went back. He picked up the boat paddle and wacked the snake across the head. We made a few passes by snake each time by buddy wacking him with the paddle. The boat paddle cracked and the snake finally gave up and died. We put him in the boat and brought him home. He was 3 1/2 feet long. My dad wanted to make a knife sheath using the skin so he called a friend to come skin it. By the way, My dad makes custom knives if anyone is interested. Just let me know. I would strongly suggest that anyone being around this lake anytime soon to be extremly careful. These rattlers are vicious. I would hate for one to make a home in my blind.

I smoke my quack with a Remington 1100
talkinquack
hunter

Postby diverduck » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:23 pm

A friend caught a BIG canebreak rattlesnake sat. he weighed about 8 pounds. But he was released safely. He was not harming anyone just minding his own business.
diverduck
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:17 pm

... good heads-up, quack ...

... kudos on the release, diver ...
uncbornbred
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:28 pm

There is only one good kind of snake. "A DEAD ONE"
talkinquack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting