NCWRC Lottery Drawings

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

NCWRC Lottery Drawings

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:44 am

I called yesterday to check the status of the drawings. I was selected for the swan permit and I got a draw to hunt Butner Depot on Dec. 31. If you call to check your status, you will need the item number(s) of the permits you applied for.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:12 am

Thanks for the info, I too got drawn for Butner Depot. I hope to get drawn for Currituck as well, but the results are not in yet.
staightShooter
hunter

Postby Bernpackbkr » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:31 pm

Did the WRC indicate when the permits would be mailed?
Bernpackbkr
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:53 pm

They didn't. I imagine soon though since some of us need to plan on when to take work off, etc..
staightShooter
hunter

Postby dbohunts » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:09 pm

I spoke with WRC on tuesday. They will be mailing permits out starting next week. I think they are still drawing for some. They told me over the phone that I was selected for Butner as well as J. Morgan. Any of you hunted J. Morgan Before? I passed it last year on the way back from Mattamuskeet and it was covered up in swans. :thumbsup:
dbohunts
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:12 pm

Never hunted J. Morgan. Since the draw is computer generated, I wonder why the stagger. Seems once the permits are entered in they would be able to hit a button and have their random lottery results in a flash. As a computer programmer I can't help but wonder.
staightShooter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting