hunting coastal north carolina

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

hunting coastal north carolina

Postby sc_countryboy26 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:04 pm

I am from south carolina and I want to hunt around coastal north carolina a couple of times this year and I was woundering if anyone knows some guides names and numbers or if anyone has room for 2 for a couple of coastal hunts. I really am looking for a black duck and a pintail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
sc_countryboy26
hunter

Postby dbohunts » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:40 pm

I hunted with Diamond Shoals Guide Service last year. I hunted from a blind and got shots at some Redheads and Blubills and we also got our limit of buffleheads from a layout boat. Last year was my first year duck hunting and this was my first guided duck hunt so I don't have much comparison, but I think he worked hard to get us some shots. The weather was horrible(70 degrees and sunny with little wind) in late January. This is in Cape Hatteras, a Holiday Inn is 15 minutes away, $35 Off season rate.

Phone is 252-995-3820
dbohunts
hunter

Buddy Goodwin

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:50 am

Try Buddy Goodwin in Cedar Island, NC. I don't have his number, but he shouldn't be too hard to find. He can put you on the pintails and maybe the black ducks. Also, there are large numbers of redheads, bluebills, scoters, buffleheads, etc.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting