New to Board

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

New to Board

Postby Gopack » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:02 pm

Hey guys, just found this site and couldn't have happened any sooner. I was on southern duck hunter alot but haven't been able to find any other sites with local info. Anyway I just recieved my draws for this year. Got 2 at Currituck and I've hunted Parkers Bay and SE Island before. Problem is my draws are for MArsh unit, Finger pt and New Found Creek. I know water levels can change with the wind but I was wondering if anybody has hunted these and if they could see any problems getting to them. I got a 19 Lowes. PM's ok too. Thanks in advance
Gopack
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:08 am

Welcome aboard. How about helping recruit some new members to help these forums get even better!
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:26 pm

welcome, gopack.

are you in the raleigh area?

if so, do you hunt locally at all?

falls, harris, jordan???
uncbornbred
hunter

Postby Gopack » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:47 pm

Hey UNC, yea I live in Clayton. And I hunt Falls Jordan and down on the Pungo River.Used to hunt at Harris but quit going when you had to spend the night to be in line at the ramp.Plus got tired of a certain "guides"antics. And I use the term "guide" as loosely as possible for this dude.
Gopack
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:31 am

... yes, i know the "guide" you refer to ...

... i understand he may not be "visiting" harris this year ... good ridance ...

... my two sons (both at ncsu '09) and I plan to hunt harris and jordan this year and, if i can rekindle old relationships down east, maybe hyde county ...

... maybe we'll cross paths ... good luck this season ...
uncbornbred
hunter

Postby Gopack » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:24 pm

Yea Unc, that dude is well known. And yea, we might be crossing paths literally if Falls and Jordan don't get some water soon. We'll be crossing dry paths!!!!Good luck.
Gopack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting