Raleigh Area Lakes

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Raleigh Area Lakes

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:11 pm

I know Harris, Falls, and Jordan are really low. Have any of you guys been out on any of these lakes lately. I need to get out there and I'm wondering if its safe to take the boat out. I know one of the ramps at Harris is broken off and the ramps at Holleman's on Harris are so low you have to wade out to the boat. Any other reports would be helpful.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:07 pm

Last I saw Falls it was extremely low. I had to get out and pull my canoe! This was the early season. I paddled the Eno and it has water but all access areas to the usual pot holes are dried up, not too mention the potholes are dried up as well. Further, there was a lot of bass fishermen.

My wife and I paddled Jordan off of Farrington Point, then 2 weeks later did it again, the water had fallen at least 6-10 inches! I also walked in to some of the flooded areas off of Big Woods rd, took me a lot of walking to find any open water, which at that there was very little.

Going to be a dry/hard season. Oh, walked some of the impoundments, they have water but didn't see any birds.
staightShooter
hunter

Postby uncbornbred » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:37 pm

... jordan and harris are certainly low ...

... both definitely navigational ...

... scouted last weekend ... saw a bunch of coots ...
uncbornbred
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting