two bucks locked-up

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

two bucks locked-up

Postby Treiben » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:24 pm

Canoed the Yadkin above I-85. Two woodies and a teal. Missed a pair of Mallards.
Found two huge bucks dead, locked together( 10 pointer and a 9 pointer). What a shame!

Treiben
Treiben

Don't shoot'em if you don't eat 'em!
Treiben
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:13 pm

you leave them there, how far up the river? Did you take a photo I would like to see that.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

No camera

Postby Treiben » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:18 pm

Monroe - didn't have a camera (kick myself for this). Bucks had been dead for 2 days or so(estimate). May have drowned as they were head down in river. I severed heads, which were begining to decompose and later removed antlers from heads.

Treiben
Treiben
hunter

Re: No camera

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:17 pm

Treiben wrote: I severed heads, which were begining to decompose and later removed antlers from heads.

Treiben

I don't deer hunt much so forgive me, but why did you remove the antlers just to keep them?
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Treiben » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:56 pm

Monroe- took antlers just to show buddies. Would make a good set of rattling antlers.

Treiben
Treiben

Don't shoot'em if you don't eat 'em!
Treiben
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:24 am

Locked antlers can be worth a lot of money... They also make nice mounts with the two bucks fighting. Good job on the find.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting