Any last minute info for Currituck?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Any last minute info for Currituck?

Postby Gopack » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:18 pm

Hey guys, I'm leaving in the am for a Wed permit at Finger Pt. blind in Currituck. Been trying to get in touch with refuge mgr. but haven't had any luck, so any info would be appreciated: like what birds(species) are down and any nav. tips for the sound. The buddy I'm going with is almost peeing in his pants worried about..."sandbars and shoals". We're taking a 19' roughneck so I'm not as worried as he is. Again any bird info tips would be greatly appreciated.
Gopack
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:33 pm

Pack,

Let me know how it goes, I have a permit for Dec 3 for Oyster Cove. I am looking for an affordable guide, I don't want to take my boat since I don't know the area.
staightShooter
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:48 am

not to burst any bubbles but there aint much in currituck
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby staightShooter » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:06 am

Even so, I still would love to partake in some waterfowling heritage, such as the famed Currituck.
staightShooter
hunter

Postby contender27 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:24 pm

Currituck sound can have some of the best duck hunting in the state. It just depends on where you are and the weather.
contender27
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:35 pm

no im not saying anything bad about currituck... thats where i grew up hunting and still hunt to this day... i have had days down there that rival anywhere else in the world.. believe me i am the first to support the area and what i can produce.. all i was sayig is that we hunt that area pretty heavily and there arent man birds down there right now... hope i didnt piss anyone off
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting