Any Big Ducks?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Any Big Ducks?

Postby longhall » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:50 pm

I hunt many beaver ponds in southeastern North Carolina. The ponds are full of wood ducks, but I have no big ducks yet. I was just wondering if anyone was seeing any big ducks in North Carolina yet.
longhall
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:55 pm

started to see some greys the last week. Still most mallets are the resident type but the greys are starting to show. Granted that is more of a medium duck but not a woddie or a teal either.

Best of luck.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby fish&fowl loco » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:33 pm

MD is right have not seen many big ducks just the pier huggers, hope it gets better than this. :umm:
If mergansers were pintails I would be a happy man
fish&fowl loco
hunter

Cape Fear

Postby longhall » Sun Nov 27, 2005 8:36 pm

Any of you guys hunt around the Cape Fear River? If so, where at?
longhall
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:47 am

not me and no offense but if I did I wounldn't post it on here for everyone to see. I might tell you what ramp I use in a private message but then that is just me. If you post it on this message everyone then would know if they didn't already. Nothing against your LongHaul. Hunting spots are crowded enough as it is without 20 new groups showing up.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby NCSUGolfer » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:13 pm

Saw some big ducks flying high while hunting a mill pond off of Lake Waccamaw over thanksgiving. If Bluebills are considered big ducks, then the answer is yes.
NCSUGolfer
hunter

Postby fabes468 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:24 pm

well yesterday i had 14 ducks on the pond. gadwall, mallards and a pair of woodies. saw planty of big ducks on friday and sat. was a large group heading south that day 2. dont worry they are coming. :thumbsup:
FABES
fabes468
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting