duck limits

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

duck limits

Postby hillbillync » Thu Dec 29, 2005 10:39 am

hi all. first post here. i have a question about limits on ducks not listed in the bag limits section of the NCWRC season dates web page. for instance, teal or bufflehead are not listed in the bag limits. i know teal are leagal but not sure about buffleheads. i've mostly shot at wood ducks where i hunt but i've started to branch out a bit and don't want to get in trouble and take an illegal bird or exceed my limit of legal birds. thanks in advance and i was really glad to find a forum site for NC duck hunting!
hillbillync
hunter

Postby slowgo » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:02 am

You've got a 6 duck limit. The ducks listed on the bag limits are the ducks limited to less than 6.
slowgo
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:36 pm

what he said, you can shoot 6 teal and be legal.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:38 pm

That also applies to ringnecks right? I was never too sure on them so we always stopped at 4?
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Postby diverduck » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:45 pm

YEP, six of them too
diverduck
hunter

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:03 pm

Thanks now if I can just get back into them look out!!
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Postby hillbillync » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:51 am

Now i guess my question is what ducks are illegal? I've heard that cormorants? are illegal. Is that true and are there any others that are illegal to take and not listed on the NCWRC bag limits web page.
hillbillync
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:01 am

cormorants are as are grebs. I am sure there are other.

Really something that shouldn't be a question. If you don't know make sure you verify before going hunting.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting