Banded Hen

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Banded Hen

Postby talkinquack » Sun Jan 01, 2006 9:57 am

Killed this banded hen on christmas eve morning. First one in the 10 years I've been huntin ducks.

Here's a mallard drake and black duck hen we killed earlier this week.
Illusion Game Call Systems Pro-Staff
talkinquack
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:26 am

Congrats! Was it a federal band? Nice job on the black too....has to be one of my favorite ducks mounted.

Mine:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:57 am

Oh meant to add, I teach school over at China Grove Middle.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:26 am

Cool deal! :salude:
I lost my calls a few years ago w/ all my bands. :oops:

I have since then been blessed w/ 2 banded birds while hunting up in Maryland. There's nothing like that extra bit of excitement when you look at a duck and see that band!
I once shot a woody in a Harnett County swamp that had been banded in Vermont just a few moths earlier. Got a certificate for it somewhere, but lost that band w/ my calls.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Mouse » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:41 pm

Congrats on the band. Was it a Federal or one from SCWA they really band alot of birds down there. Last year I killed a Mallard drake that was banded locally by a guy who caught some wild birds and banded them himself for a some local research he was doing. He was out of Greenville, NC but hey its still a band right.

Congrats man!
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:11 am

It was a federal band. Can't wait to get the certificate back to see where she was banded at.

Hey NCSUDucker, I'm the one that talked to you a few years ago in an email. I'm Brian Kimball. I work for the Landis Police Dept. I am friends with Brad Jones. I've been meaning to stop by the school and talk with ya, but I keep forgetting about it. I ya want to shoot me an email. bkimball@townoflandis.com.
talkinquack
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:59 am

Congrats on the band... I have yet to get one. :salude:
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:36 pm

I got the certificate back today. She was hatched sometime in 2004. She was banded on 09-15-04 in Ontario Canada. She was a long way from home.
talkinquack
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:32 pm

Cool deal....shot a drake the other year while we were in ND that was banded in Thunder, Sask! It was at least 8 years old, which suprised me because the band wasn't all that worn.

Anyway, congrats again on the band! Give me a shoutl or stop by the school when you get a chance and we can set up a time to bust a few clays!

Ducker
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting