Rose Bay Marina

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Rose Bay Marina

Postby icebreaker » Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:41 pm

I just want to take this opportunity to thank the owner/operator of Rose Bay Marina. Me and my partners got caught out in some rough Pamlico waters just out of Spencer Bay at the Willow Point area this Saturday and we were in dire straights. After our hunt, we were looking at 6ft breakers for at least 4 miles of open sound riding in a durable but small 17ft boat. I called up to the marina on cell and he hooked me up with a ride back to the marina from a closer ramp in Germantown with much less open water travel. I was then able to retrieve the truck/trailer and pick up the boat at the Germantown ramp. Thanks a million. I don't know the name of the owner or the fellow that gave me the ride, but those guys are men among men.

Also I discovered that Saturday was the last day the Marina's operation under his ownership. I'm sure I speak for all who know the marina, that we wish him all the success in whatever he has planned. Thanks!

Ice Breaker
icebreaker
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:13 pm

Wow. Glad to hear that you made it back ok. :thumbsup: to the guys at Rose Bay.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby greenheadguy » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:22 pm

do any good on ducks
greenheadguy
hunter

Postby icebreaker » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:26 pm

Lot's of pintails in the Willow Point Impoundment...but breaking them down low was another story. We were skunked. They fly out, gain altitude, and fly straight across the sound over to Pamlico Point. Sounded like WWIII over there.
icebreaker
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting