Yea baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Yea baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Gopack » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:24 am

Who says 3" #4's don't work on geese.
1 gun(although it is a SBE so more like 1.5 gun)
9 3" # 4's
5 geese
2 almost massive coronary's walking out hauling 5 geese plus dozen dekes
The site of my car after walking .5 mile.....................priceless!!!! :getdown:
Got to my new secret spot a little late, putting out dekes at 6 54am, didn't see as many ducks as I thought I'd see but man it was locked up with geese.Because of fog had most of my dekes out before group of about 75 got up 100 yds away. I will be back there Tues am, and the goose jerky is brining now.
Gopack
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:39 pm

Hey man, congrat's on that. :salude:
Did you even have goose deekes out? Sounds like you were in the zone for geese.

I've never really targeted them, but I've shot a couple. I'd love to bust some at the golf coarse in September though. :yes:
I've got 4 goose dekes, but only used them once up in Maryland. I usually don't bring them w/ me, but I may ought to start. I had a pair fly over on Saturday, but they were way too high. Maybe some deekes and a few honks would be worth while...
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Gopack » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:29 pm

I had two goose floaters. Honestly didn't think I needed them because I thought I would flush most of them out when I walked in. But with the fog they could hear, me just not see me.the last three I shot actually swam up to me, I jumped up and as they took off, I cut'em. pretty fun!!
Gopack
hunter

Postby Mouse » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 pm

I use two to three Goose decoys in spread off to one side as confidence decoys and belive me it works! Birds don't even hesitate to drop in between those and my Mallard/Woodie/Teal decoys.

Great job on the haul with the Geese with the #4's you must of been all over them!
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:50 am

I may just have to take those geese deekes w/ me in the morning. I've seen some there, but they're usually just flying over.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:03 pm

Gopack...sounds like you had a good shoot. Glad to see you over here, its been since the days of SDH that I've seen you around.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gopack » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:00 pm

hey Ducker, yea good to hear from you too buddy. I hope teaching is agreeing with you.Duck U 2 I'd definately use a couple in your spread. Their ares till mostly resident birds fromwhat I've seen and they aren't quite as wary as the migrators. the big group I shot swam by a dead brother in the water to come up to me!!I hardly ever take more than 2 goose floaters and those are smaller ones I got from Wal Mart. I've got some Greenhead floaters, but I only take them when I'm in a boat or looking to shoot mainly honkers, kinda heavy luggin those things half mile in a swamp!!
Gopack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting