South Creek area

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

South Creek area

Postby yetz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:37 am

Any reports? Headed that way this weekend, hoping for a good shoot!!!

Weather for the weekend not really the best for Duckin', but gotta go!!!
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:19 pm

I will be in that general area. Hunting out of lowland this weekend. Really just going to try out my new sea duck rig that I repainted and added to. Taking a buddy who has never shot scobies. Either go out of the spring creek ramp or another one not sure yet. I'll be in a redish F150 pulling a polarkraft but you can't tell as it is painted. Front mounted console I added gives me away.

If we pass be sure to say hello always like to put a face with a screen name.

Also be careful if you venture out of south into goose heard of some of that golden yellow decoy being out big time down there.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby diverduck » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:44 pm

I have been seeing a plenty on scoters arount the area give me a PM and I will tell you a little better.
diverduck
hunter

Postby yetz » Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:33 pm

Monroeduck wrote:I will be in that general area. Hunting out of lowland this weekend. Really just going to try out my new sea duck rig that I repainted and added to. Taking a buddy who has never shot scobies. Either go out of the spring creek ramp or another one not sure yet. I'll be in a redish F150 pulling a polarkraft but you can't tell as it is painted. Front mounted console I added gives me away.

If we pass be sure to say hello always like to put a face with a screen name.

Also be careful if you venture out of south into goose heard of some of that golden yellow decoy being out big time down there.

You must be going into Campbells Creek. We're up around Hickory point.

Hunting with duknut who met you a few years ago at a pheasant hunt outside Wilmington.
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Postby greenheadguy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:10 pm

bluebills wrapped up in spring creek area.
greenheadguy
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:52 pm

yetz wrote:You must be going into Campbells Creek. We're up around Hickory point.

Hunting with duknut who met you a few years ago at a pheasant hunt outside Wilmington.

Wasn't me at the shoot I didn't make that trip.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:53 pm

diverduck wrote:I have been seeing a plenty on scoters arount the area give me a PM and I will tell you a little better.

Sent you a PM
Monroeduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting