indian island

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

indian island

Postby gman » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:33 pm

looking for info about indian island. we normally hunt pamlico point but heard about the indian island area. is the island private or can first come hunt it.
gman
Newb

Postby diverduck » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:39 pm

Yeah you can hunt that area but watch out for a guide name Booger Harris. He thinks he owns everything in that area. He will run through your decoys all morning if you set up anywhere near his blinds. But there is always someone like that. HE CAN NOT MAKE YOU LEAVE EVEN IF YOU ARE IN A BLIND IT IS ALL PUBLIC PROPERTY.FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, But i would be respectful of the people who put the blinds there. Give them time to get there but if they dont hunt it it is fair game.
diverduck
hunter

Postby yetz » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:53 pm

Hunted near there this past weekend. It was LOADED w/ Bluebills.

Cans are lurking around as well!
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Postby git down » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:42 pm

If you are talking about hunting the island itself I encourage you to purchase a very large/dependable rig. Most days are ok, but the two most prevelant winds are SW and NE and either one makes the island a dangerous place to be.

yetz, read the sticky at top about cyberscouting before posting another report :umm:

I heard that leith mitsubishi in cary is giving away free cars!!!!!!!
go get 'em boys
git down
Newb

Postby yetz » Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:45 pm

git down wrote:If you are talking about hunting the island itself I encourage you to purchase a very large/dependable rig. Most days are ok, but the two most prevelant winds are SW and NE and either one makes the island a dangerous place to be.

yetz, read the sticky at top about cyberscouting before posting another report :umm:

I heard that leith mitsubishi in cary is giving away free cars!!!!!!!
go get 'em boys

How do you know where I work?

Expose yourself troll!!!Image
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Booger

Postby SweetLips » Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:13 pm

Hey Diverduck, so you got to meet Booger.Is he one of a kind or what? Swan hunted with one of his guides a few years back and he called me one with his mouth. It was pretty cool to land 50 or so around us while picking out the one I wanted. I thought he Did oun the Indian Island area or he guides for The Senators that do! If Booger ( his real name is Edwin) ran through my decoys I would pack up and be glad thats all! Good luck and safe hunting the island.If you ever have a goose tag and want to see a show-call him for he is the Swan Master! Gooseman
SweetLips
Newb

Postby diverduck » Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:27 am

I have not seen a swan yet that you can not call in at any given time. There is no skill to getting a swan in. He just needs to realize that it is public property when he puts it up.
diverduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting