Im new and would like to ask

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Im new and would like to ask

Postby rodney gillikin » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:34 pm

hey , i would like to know if you guy think if one of those mud motors would work on the banks rod
rodney gillikin
hunter

maby

Postby ripthosducks » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:54 pm

I've herd about those and it would probubly work. I am not shore, send me if it works good luck!!!!!
ripthosducks
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:22 pm

Depends on what type of boat you're going to run it on, as well as the type of motor. I don't think I would use a traditional long tail in anything but protected waters. However, a Hyperdrive/Prodrive/Gatortail on the right rig will still run in the upper 20's to low 30's. One thing to keep in mind is the none of them have a traditional reverse, although Prodrive and I believe Gatortail have slower to engage reverse. Let me be the first to say, trying to run long lines with out reverse is dang near impossible. I've attempted it a few times out of my boat (21 hp hyper on a homebuilt boat) in protected waters and it can be done with a pushpole/paddle but is still a royal pain.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting