North Carolina Hunters

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Wher to go in NC

Postby mattamuskeet_outfitters » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:40 am

deleted for spam and banned for multiple violations of user agreement.
Joey Simmons
mattamuskeet_outfitters
account suspended for biz name useage

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:08 am

I just moved to South Raleigh near Garner and Fuquay. I grew up here in NC(Rougemont), and have hunted duck here all my life w/ family and friends. There are some ducks here, but not always. Scouting is neccesary in the piedmont. I prefer private swamps in this area, and I usually go to the coast 2-3 times a year. (Once being a Maryland trip near Black water refuge)
I do have a duck boat, but don't have as many people to hunt with as I used to. Hoping to find someone in the area who's wife lets them hunt.
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:40 pm

dukcracker wrote:If you have a boat try High Rock Lake I hear the hunting can be good over that way. :welcome:

That is too funny. There are more hunters than ducks. Everyone hunts the same creek and what birds show up are gone in a day because everyone tells their brother and the next day there are 20 groups trying to get into a spot that only holds 4-5. Scout and you can find birds. To be honest the lakes south of HR offer better opportunities and are less developed but everyone and their brother talk about HR like the birds hang around all year.

Scout don't cyberscout
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby ncdrumchaser » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:11 pm

hunt dare mainly, tyrrell some, hyde a bit. boat ride before the ducks are here its worth it. whats up monroe!!
ncdrumchaser
hunter

Postby fish&fowl loco » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 pm

Monroeduck wrote:
dukcracker wrote:If you have a boat try High Rock Lake I hear the hunting can be good over that way. :welcome:

That is too funny. There are more hunters than ducks. Everyone hunts the same creek and what birds show up are gone in a day because everyone tells their brother and the next day there are 20 groups trying to get into a spot that only holds 4-5. Scout and you can find birds. To be honest the lakes south of HR offer better opportunities and are less developed but everyone and their brother talk about HR like the birds hang around all year.

Scout don't cyberscout

You keep'm in line Md :hammering:
If mergansers were pintails I would be a happy man
fish&fowl loco
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting