IMPROVED CYLINDER CHOKE?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

IMPROVED CYLINDER CHOKE?

Postby TARHEEL3ID » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:44 am

I KNOW MOST PEOPLE USE A MODIFIED CHOKE FOR DUCKS, BUT I WAS WONDERING ABOUT USING AN IMPROVED CYLINDER. DOES ANYONE USE THIS OR HAD ANY EXPERIANCE WITH IT?
TARHEEL3ID
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:32 pm

I have an adjustable choke but I usually keep it on modified exept for special situations like if I was't shooting too well that day, I would open it up to IC or if the ducks are all over me real close, but any other time its modified
Tyler
gvegas88
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:27 pm

I've shot improved all year long up until this last week. Generally speaking IC is great for decoying ducks. I like stepping it up to a mod or light mod later in the season when the birds aren't quite as cooperative.

Ducker :thumbsup:
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby fish&fowl loco » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:59 pm

I have to agree with ducker I have shot a imp cly up till the last month I have gone to a mod.
If mergansers were pintails I would be a happy man
fish&fowl loco
hunter

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:49 pm

I only use Imp Cyl on tight places were the shots are close like small beaver ponds in green timber. Other than that its Modified the rest of the time. I just will not take a shot over 40yds I like working the birds and getting them up and close wings cupped and landing gear down then listen for those majic words "Takem".
Hooked on Quack since 1994!
Mouse
hunter

Postby Gopack » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:14 pm

Well tarheel I don't know what your shooting, but my SBE will never see a Mod choke again. Patterned it this year and it was throwing MAYBE 36' rectangle witht he factory mod choke. Even got an exteneded briley mod and that was a little better but not much.But I shoot mostly steel also .
Gopack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting