yes for sunday hunting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

yes for sunday hunting

Postby rodney gillikin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:26 am

I would like to see sunday hunting ,i have to work alot of the o/t at work and dont have a way to get out of o/t rod
rodney gillikin
hunter

NOT

Postby ripthosducks » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:31 pm

I think you are rong.

It wold make duck seson shorter and might hurt the population of ducks!
It has been a law for 138 years and I do not think it shold change.
ripthosducks
hunter

Postby fishorwife » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:17 pm

Stop hunting on Monday that keeps the season the same.
Lets see how many more laws we have on the books that are a 138 years old and serve no purpose.
fishorwife
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:56 pm

fishorwife wrote:Stop hunting on Monday that keeps the season the same.
Lets see how many more laws we have on the books that are a 138 years old and serve no purpose.

But I work wednesday to sunday, you just cut my opportunity in half.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby yetz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:16 am

I agree with hunting on Sundays! I work every other weekend and Sunday is my only guaranteed day off every week and I'd like to know that I could get out and go.

Plus, think of the revenue potential!!!
Yetz
yetz
hunter

Postby dbohunts » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:18 am

Can't please everyone, leave it the way it is.
dbohunts
hunter

Postby marsh shooter » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:40 am

I agree 100%, leave it the way it is.

Nothing wrong with it the way it is, it gives the ducks a day of rest and we get to hunt too the end of Jan.

Vote No to Sunday Hunting!!!!!!!

marsh shooter
marsh shooter
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:58 pm

no sunday hunting... if it aint broke dont fix it... its the same situation in va... i say keep it the way it is
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby marsh shooter » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:54 pm

Right with ya man.
marsh shooter
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:40 pm

This topic has been debated many times on many of the other sites, most of the time it has gone down hill. I hope that it won't do so here.

As for my thoughts on the issue, I'm for it. Now hear me out, my best hunting buddy (monroeduck) isn't and so far we've managed to keep it civil :salude: and hope you guys can do the same.

I don't care if we can shoot ducks on Sunday, I'm in agreeance that they hammered too much as it is. For that matter I would love to see the yadkin chain go to a 3 day per week gameland for ducks. However, I would like to be able to slip in the woods on a Sunday afternoon to pop a few squirrels, work our setters over some quail or sit in a deer stand. Many of us are going to let greed stand in the way of protecting our hunting rights and it is that greed that will eventually be our downfall. The number of licensed hunters in NC has been steadily dropping for decades. The chance for a dad or uncle or friend to introduce a new person to the sport would increase greatly if they had those two days that most, betting at least 90 %, have available.

The other thing that gets me about some of the opponents of Sunday hunting is they have no problem hunting Sundays when they head to another state such as AR or ND.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Yes for Sunday!

Postby icebreaker » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:11 pm

We are way behind on tis one...42 states have either legalized or never had a ban on Sunday hunting. We need to catch up. Also it would help manage the incredible overpopulation of deer in many areas. Being MOST hunters do their hunting on Saturday because of employment...it would be of great assistance to wildlife management to be able to cull these herds of deer encroaching into sub-urban and urban communities.

Anyway...I think it is inevitable...the tide is on our side.
icebreaker
hunter

Postby fishorwife » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:54 pm

Monore I understand where you are coming from. I just wanted to make a point. We all have different schedules of work and other events. We as adults should be able to decide what day to hunt.
If we add Sunday to the last part of the season this would add only about seven extra days if we used the same schedule as this year. Remove a week after Thanksgiving to give us the full month of Jan to hunt. I'm willing to give a little on the front end. This is a very mild winter but normally our cold weather and the weather up north starts in Dec and Jan.

NCSUDucker remember this is a state of do as I say not as I do. I like to keep it friendly and with a little reason behind the cause.
fishorwife
hunter

Let your state reps know where you stand on this one.

Postby JrCoach_Lou » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:53 pm

The NCWRC has hired an agency to do some research on this topic, and I believe I read that the governor wants it to come before the general assembly in 2007.

Regardless of where you stand on this topic, you'd do well to let your state reps know how you feel. This issue will ultimately be decided in the legislature, then implemented by NCWRC.

Lou
JrCoach_Lou
hunter

Postby marsh shooter » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:18 pm

If you want too voice your opinions you can send a e-mail to the NCWRC
and they will ford it to the people doing the study.

I sent them one and here is what I got back.

Thank you for your letter concerning North Carolina’s Sunday hunting law.

Hunting on Sunday is prohibited in North Carolina through General Statute 103-2, passed by the General Assembly in 1869. Any change to the statute that would allow hunting on Sunday must be made by the General Assembly. The Wildlife Resources Commission (WRC) does not currently have the authority to regulate hunting on Sunday.

At the request of the 2005 General Assembly and Governor Easley, our agency is coordinating a study to evaluate the attitudes and opinions of North Carolina’s citizens regarding hunting on Sundays. Our objective in coordinating this study is to gather information that will assist the Governor and the General Assembly in determining whether a change in the Sunday hunting law is appropriate.

We have contracted with Responsive Management, Inc., an internationally recognized authority on public opinion research in the wildlife profession, to conduct a study over the next year using standard public opinion survey methods. Responsive Management will gather opinions about Sunday hunting from various stakeholder groups across the state and conduct an extensive telephone survey of the general public to evaluate the breadth and strength of these opinions. The study will also examine potential impacts on North Carolina’s economy, hunting seasons, management of hunted wildlife populations, and the operations of the WRC. At the conclusion of the study Responsive Management will provide a final report that will be transmitted to the General Assembly and to the Governor’s Office.

We will compile your letter with others on the subject of Sunday hunting and present them all to the Governor and General Assembly as an addendum to the final report.

Thank you again for contacting us. I hope this information has been helpful to you.

By the way I am oposed.

marsh shooter
marsh shooter
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:17 am

I feel like if the state can profit from it; it will happen. Kinda like the salt water fishing license.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby dbohunts » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:42 am

Right with you on the "state profits" Duck. A little off subject but I coach HS football and the state expanded the playoffs to make more money and it has destroyed the quality of playoff football in NC. NC has the worst playoff system of any state I know. They split the 1A-4A schools so we now have eight state champions. There have been teams to make the playoffs with only 1 win. Horrible.
dbohunts
hunter

Postby duckrookie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:56 pm

and on the 7th day God rested lets just take a rest on em its not about how many u can kill its about being out htere with the guys and enjoying the woods (if you wanna break 1 law lets just break em all how about that)thats a no 4 me brother yall sunday hunters could learn something from this 15 year old
duckrookie
hunter

Postby duckrookie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:59 pm

if its been around for 138 years think about this how would it be for the land owner whose gone to morning service feel about some 1 on his land when hes not there and bsides if its been around for that long then its got its good reasons
duckrookie
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting