pigeons

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

pigeons

Postby the old man » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:50 am

Does anyone know how to get in touch with the guy in Norlina, Warren county that raises and sells pigeon?
You don't have to be crazy to duck hunt, but it helps.
the old man
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:03 pm

With 1050 folks in the town call the town office and ask. I know a long shot but a shot.

Administration Offices
Municipal Building
Town Services
P.O. Box 149
101 Main Street
Norlina, N.C. 27563
252-456-3325
Hours: 8:00-5:00 M-F
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:25 pm

When I was a kid my family used to raise and sell waterfowl hunting labs. We'd trap pigeons and use them for dog training. We also used live ducks, but that's another story) Anyway, dad had a trap. A fairly simple one that you could make or buy. Alomost any farmer has pigeons around barns and silo's and most likely considers pigeons a nuisance (so getting permission isn't a problem) We also caught them on roof top's of buildings in town until the bleading hearts found out about it.

Not sure why you're looking for them, but decided to chime in anyway.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting