Raleigh DU Volunteer Banquet

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Raleigh DU Volunteer Banquet

Postby Gr33nHeadHNTR » Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:33 pm

A friend of mine invited me to go to some kind of volunteer banquet at the state fairgrounds on saturday. He used to volunteer when he lived in Florida and they sent him an invitation. I was just wondering if anyone else was going and if so does anyone know what they are going to be doing there????
Gr33nHeadHNTR
Newb

Postby Monroeduck » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:08 am

I am sure if you go to the DU website there will be more but this is the email I got.

Dear DU Volunteer:

We can*t wait to see you this Saturday, Feb. 4 at Volunteer Appreciation Day. It is NOT too late to register. Come be a part of the largest volunteer
gathering in DU history.

As we enter our first Ducks Unlimited Volunteer Appreciation Week, we are highlighting on our DU Web site a few of the wonderful volunteers who help
make Ducks Unlimited the success it is today.

Join us on Saturday, Feb. 4 as we celebrate and honor our volunteers around the country. For the thousands of volunteers who raise funds for the
ducks and their habitat, DU and its partners want to say thanks! We will have a national drawing, with prizes including a War Eagle boat, a Yamaha
ATV, more than 60 firearms and many other exciting prizes specifically donated for this event.

For the first time in our history, Ducks Unlimited is simultaneously bringing together its volunteers at nearly 90 locations around the United
States. Bring a friend and show them how they can make a difference as a DU volunteer.

Your invitation is in the mail, but don*t wait. Please register today or contact your local Regional Director. For a list of locations and
registration information, go to www.ducks.org/volunteerweek

Registration Link: http://www.uptilt.com/ct.html?rtr=on&s= ... ,bjha,9srs

See you Saturday!

Jim Hulbert
President, Ducks UnlimitedDucks Unlimited
1 Waterfowl Way
Memphis, TN 38120
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:09 am

They're having one in Charlotte at Bass Pro Shops as well. Its not a typical banquet. I believe there are 88 of these events going on nationwide. Here's a few comments from our regional director....
The Volunteer Appreciation Day Event for western NC is being held at Bass Pro Shops at Concord Mills Mall in Concord (I-85 and Concord Mills Blvd.) We'll be kicking off at noon and wrapping up around 4:00 p.m. There is no charge to attend or to participate in the National raffle that NHQ has assemble (list of prizes attached). We will, however, conduct a raffle that features some of the better pieces of merchandise from our fall catalog, the new Spring merchandise items and a Winchester 101 o/u shotgun to help cover the cost of food and drink. We will also have some high quality (Columbia style), low cost ($15) DU shirts and other items in a DU store for you to consider should you feel compelled to buy something, and Bass Pro Shops is providing discount coupons for use on items in their store.
So, please join us on Saturday to allow DU to say "thank you" for all that you do that makes possible the wetlands conservation work that DU does here in North Carolina and across the continent.

The one in Raleigh will be similar.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting