Snow Geese?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Snow Geese?

Postby Duck U 2 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 pm

Anybody tried it this year? I've never done it, but wouldn't mind trying it one of these days.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby Gopack » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:34 pm

Years ago(early to mid 90s)you could crush them at Bodie Island. I'll never forget walking in with guys toting sleds with hundreds of rags for snow goose hunting. And that's all they did!!!I don't think anyone even hunts them down there now.I've heard some flocks near Belhaven but never seen them, just don't know where you could go.
Gopack
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:36 am

On the closing friday we saw a TON down east but they were all using the same posted field.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby marsh shooter » Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:55 pm

You can still get a FEW around bodie island but most of them are around the Lake Mattamuskeet area. Hunted there several weeks ago for ducks and saw several thousand snows trading back and forth.

marsh shooter
marsh shooter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting