Welcome to My Town

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Welcome to My Town

Postby jph4387 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:22 pm

This was in the local paper today. It looks like before long we'll have another place blocked from hunting.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/1 ... qus_thread
"Whack 'em, stack 'em and pack 'em."

-Ted Nugent
jph4387
hunter

Re: Welcome to My Town

Postby ibedamn » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:12 pm

I'm afraid you are right. The Charlotte Non-Observer... like I would expect only tells the ladies side of it, and not the hunters.
I have some friends that hunt there quite often, and they have had the same type problem. The do-gooders will probably win.
I do wish they would of told where the cove was, I'd like to have some of them good corn fed mallards for the table just in time for the holidays.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby HighBrassDivers » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:28 pm

Yea I read that in the paper this morning and wasn't surprised. I fish there often in the summer and more than once have had someone try to tell me they own the water surrounding their piers where I was fishing. With that said, it sounded to me as if the "hunters" were ground swatting mallards hanging around a pier which to me isn't really hunting. We didn't get to hear the hunters side of the story but with the information given it sounds like both parties involved could've used better judgement.

HBD
HighBrassDivers
hunter

Welcome to My Town

Postby trigger22 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:29 pm

She openly admitted to baiting waterfowl which is against the law. It doesn't matter if she's hunting or not. The other two jack legs.....they shouldn't be set up in someone's back yard either. I only know what I read, but sounds to me like both parties are guilty here. I would never shoot ducks swimming around someone's docks, where's the sport?
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby ducks-n-bucks » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:45 pm

I know the story is from a limited perspective, but it gives a ton of fuel for the anti's fire and makes us all look bad. From my perspective it does sound like these guys weren't in the right, regardless of where the high water line is. Essentially shooting in someone's back yard without permission just isn't the right thing to do. I know how hard it can be to find spots, but c'mon....

Then again, she shouldn't be feeding wildlife either.... And essentially they were hunting over bait.....
ducks-n-bucks
hunter

Postby stumpjumper » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Plain and simple here really....what the hunters did was legal but highly unethical. If I had witnessed a duck hunter shooting ducks off of docks I would have probably smaked him in the back of his head.
I get very tired of these kinds of things. We have become a nation of legality instead of etichs. Where is the line drawn? Honestly do you want someone that is a non hunter writing laws that deal with hunting? I know I dont. So I hunt ethicaly so that others arent angered and unneeded attention drawn to me or my fellow waterfowlers. No need for laws when people coinhabit the lakes of lands we hunt. If you have to ask yourself...am I legal, you probably shouldnt be doing what your thinking of doing.

Same goes to nonhunters and their baiting areas to stop hunters from being in an area. Ive seen it first hand, guy dropped corn in enough areas of the cove his house was on to make it illegal to hunt. I called the warden and told him what was happening and I talked to the home owner myself. He told me he didnt mind duck hunters but what he did mind were the guys that would pull into the cove and shoot ducks and then leave without picking them up. Killers is what he called them and hey I agreed. I mean lets face it...if those guys hadnt of done that the home owner wouldnt have done what he did.

Again seriously guys hunt with passion, have a great time sharing the blind with your friends and create stories that will last a life time but do it with some heart. Hold yourself to the highest of standards and lead by example. Be the hunter you want others to be and guide them along the journey. Represent waterfowlers with intergrity and respect. I know I try everytime I go out to represent each of you as best as can be and I hope it helps.

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:07 pm

Just because it is legal, doesn't make it right. Any "hunter" dumb enough to set up next to a strangers house and shoot ducks off a pier should have his license revoked for life. We don't need any more of these idiots in our mist. The greatest threat to hunting are "hunters" like this. I would bet these jacklegs saw these ducks and figured," hey, let's set up on these birds in the morning and bust them right behind these people's home. It's legal, there ain't nothing they can do.". Well, guess what, now the folks are pissed, their kids have seen what "hunters do", going to get their name in the paper, start petitions, call their legislators, and real hunters get another bad rap.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:01 pm

Most of the crowd that lives in Charlottle is weird, really weird so weird I hate to say it but they are as weird as " a bunch of yankees"! :yes:
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby jph4387 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Dingbatter wrote:Most of the crowd that lives in Charlottle is weird, really weird so weird I hate to say it but they are as weird as " a bunch of yankees"! :yes:

Ouch that hurts!

-Ted Nugent
jph4387
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:59 am

jph4387 wrote:
Dingbatter wrote:Most of the crowd that lives in Charlottle is weird, really weird so weird I hate to say it but they are as weird as " a bunch of yankees"! :yes:

Ouch that hurts!

Don't feel bad, the Wilmywood crowd is pretty weird too. But, the Bladen/Columbus County crowd are completely nuts! :hammer: :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby jph4387 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:42 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:
jph4387 wrote:

Ouch that hurts!

Don't feel bad, the Wilmywood crowd is pretty weird too. But, the Bladen/Columbus County crowd are completely nuts! :hammer: :lol3:

Haha. I know the Wilmington crowd pretty well. I went to school there and get down to WB a lot to fish offshore. I miss working on the docks down at Dockside. I'll be hunting down there on the 17th.

-Ted Nugent
jph4387
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:56 pm

Columbus Co duck hunters are 2nd to 1 South Carolina duck hunters their the lowest! :yes:

The only normal people in Charlottle are hunters! :biggrin:
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:11 am

trigger22 wrote:She openly admitted to baiting waterfowl which is against the law. It doesn't matter if she's hunting or not. The other two jack legs.....they shouldn't be set up in someone's back yard either. I only know what I read, but sounds to me like both parties are guilty here. I would never shoot ducks swimming around someone's docks, where's the sport?

She can feed the ducks if she wants as long as shes not hunting them. Its birdwatching
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Postby Jones co Ducker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:11 am

She was stupid to give them permission to retrieve the duck on her property.That is why you let your pitbull lose ON YOUR OWN PROPERTY so these clueless duck hunters can be HUNTED themselves.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/1 ... qus_thread#ixzz1epeXD8lq

All I could think when I read that was the pitbulls good/bad thread :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
WTN10 wrote:Why do you assume I'm a genius? Have you ever considered that I'm average and that you're retarded?

jehler wrote: Beginning of the season cyber scouters, whiney teenage drama queens and zombie trolls take their toll.
Jones co Ducker
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting