PERMIT HUNTS?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

PERMIT HUNTS?

Postby TARHEEL3ID » Tue May 23, 2006 3:23 pm

I WAS JUST WONDERING ON HOW TO PUT IN FOR SPECIAL HUNTS IN NC. LIKE THE SWAN PERMITS AND OTHER HUNTS. ALSO HOW DOES IT WORK IF YOU DRAW FOR A SPECIAL BLIND, CAN YOU TAKE YOU BUDDY WITH YOU?
TARHEEL3ID
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Tue May 23, 2006 7:51 pm

to be a smart A read the reg page it is all there.

But to give you an honest answer, you call a 1-800 with the numbers you want to put in for. Some hunts you have to apply as a party and you can't change a member but other hunts you can bring who you like but I think that is only up at tuck.

Wait until it comes out you look up the dates you want to apply for and then call the number and tell them you want to put in for such and such draw hunt. They are good folks on the phone and will help you out if you are confused.

Good luck and sorry to be a smart A.
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Wed May 24, 2006 9:01 am

Because I felt bad about being a smart A.

http://216.27.49.98/pg01_License/pg1b_intro.pdf

General info click the link above

Waterfowl specific click the link below, note however that the waterfowl is from last year until seasons are set this is just for reference as the dates will change.

http://216.27.49.98/pg01_License/pg1b_waterfowl.pdf
Yeah I'm a curmudgeon and I like it that way. Don't tell me how to do something I already know how to do. Don't ask me for help if you already think you know how to do everything. If you want my opinion just sit back and I'll share.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:00 am

Go to your local hunting & fishing licenses sales counter and ask for a Special Hunt Oppotunities book.
You've got most all you need there. I don't think they've got the Bodie Island lottery hunt in it though.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting