Water fowl supplies

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Water fowl supplies

Postby THIN MAN » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Does anybody know of a good sporting goods store that carries water fowl gear (other than bps in concord) near salisbury? Even within a 1 hr drive. The internet is fine I just like to purchase things more "hands on".
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:02 am

Haven't been over there yet but most of the people I've talked to say Gander Mountain has a pretty good waterfowl selection. I pretty much order everything from cabela's.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pot Hole » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:31 pm

For most retail stores, waterfowl stuff is "seasonal", which means most stores won't have their entire selection out this time of year - including BPS and likely GM. When hunting season rolls around, I look for GM to be more tuned in to waterfowlers needs than BPS if past selection is any indicator.

If you're itchin' to see what kiind of waterfowl stuff they have, cruise on over to GM in Mooresville - they opened for business this past weekend.
Pot Hole
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:25 pm

Thanks for the info! I've been over to gander mt. in greensboro, pretty impressed with their hunting dept. You can actually get help when you need it. Actually I forgot about them until you guy's suggested it! And as far as itchin'...ALWAYS!
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby Gopack » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:50 pm

Don't know if you're ever that way but Greentop Sporting Goods just N of Richmond on I 95, oh my God. I'm talking everything Avery, Final Approach, Drake, r-N-T, Shells, Lacrosse,Foiles, really amazing. Fortunately for me I'm up there every two weeks!!I've heard Neuse Sports shop in Kinston is strong, but never been there myself. Anybody know if "Stuttgart East" is still around?
Gopack
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:01 pm

I stopped in the neuse sport shop 2 wks ago on the way back from atlantic beach, nothing warerfowl related in stock. But it was a very nice store . Found a place in Beufort though, Gaskills hardware & hunting. Very well stocked for "off season" and looked like 95% of there hunting dept was geared towards duck hunting.
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:27 am

Boulineau's (true value) at Cherry Grove, SC is pretty happening for Duck gear. If you're ever in the N. Myrtle/Cherry Grove area it's worth checking out.
I beleive Mr. Boulineau was an avid hunter b/c they really keep a lot of stuff in stock. Typically more duck stuff than the Bass Pro down there.
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting