Good possibility of 4 blackheads this season

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Good possibility of 4 blackheads this season

Postby KAhunter » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:02 pm

Will this make public land/water more crowded or will it thin out some areas since people may actually go chase blackheads??? Last year i had to fend off people almost every time we hunted. Twice as many people out there as the year before. We will have to see this year.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

I think it will be good for the strictly puddle guys and maybe a little more aggravating for the diver guys. About the only thing that I know is that there will be a whole lot more mallard and goose calling on the big water.
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Choot 'em! :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm

Splashin' Divers wrote:We can only hope! 4 bluebill limit with some cold weather could make for a great year! Yes I think it will bring duck hunting on the river back to the way it used to be... More people hunting to keep the birds moving! Get your blinds built early cause everyone will be trying to take your spot this year! Of coarse our 500 yard rule helps us with that! haha!

Hope your blind is on land, because I've heard rumors of dingbatters (uplanders) planning to invade Bay River stilt blinds this year.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby steelslinger » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:48 pm

FITZH2O wrote:About the only thing that I know is that there will be a whole lot more mallard and goose calling on the big water.

Ain't this the truth, gotta love those guys that seem to think that ruddy ducks will come to a highball. (sorry, wrong duck, ruddys will come to a highball :thumbsup: ) maybe I should have said BB's
If you hunt WITH your children today, you won't hunt FOR them tomorrow
Put "em in the woods and keep 'em off the streets
gangrig25 wrote:SO YOU WANT A PAT ON THE BACK OR WHAT :huh:
steelslinger
Capt. Obvious

Postby KAhunter » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:10 am

We hunt the back of a bay on private land that unfortunately butts up to public land. I use the mallard calls to tell me when birds are moving up the bay. Pretty good indicator of birfs from out far when I cant see them yet.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby Splashin' Divers » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:07 am

Wahoowilly... I hope they are ready for a ticket... Most Offshore blinds are placed in areas where the blind owner also has permission to hunt the property behind the blind.... Which would put you hunting within 500 yards of a perm. established hunting location without written permission from the land owner.... That is why we like the 500 yard rule! And for the float boaters... Have fun in the middle of the river!
Splashin' Divers
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting