'Bout time boys!!!

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

'Bout time boys!!!

Postby Gopack » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:59 pm

Just talked to the folks at Mack's PW, and they are sending out new catalogs around mid-month. Man it would be awsome to get it by next week-end while my wife's out of town. Then my son(he's 2) can spend some REAL QUALITY time together!!!!Can't wait to see those new GHG lifesize goose floaters!!
Gopack
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:30 am

I'm waiting on Cabela's to list all the new GHG stuff...gotta love those Cabela's points.

By the way, Macks has all the new GHG dekes shown on their website.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby uncduckman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:12 am

I set a record for money spent with cabelas last yr. It is like crack trying to not buy anything this yr.
uncduckman
hunter

Postby Gopack » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:41 pm

Which catalog do you guys order more out of? Seems to me that Mack's has a little better price, but with Cabelas', I normally get my order in 3-4 days.I'd probably give Mack's a slight advantage. Anybody going down to their big tent sale this year?
Gopack
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:09 am

usually cabelas I like thier customer service.

and they over charge state fans. Just ask Monroe
uncduckman
hunter

Postby Gopack » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:12 pm

I'm curious uncduckman, does Cabelas set-up your deliveries "around" the Peace marches in Chapill-Hill?I heard they'll be offering a "Joan Baez fan" discount fall, you might want to keep an eye open for it.
Gopack
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:47 pm

they have the hardest time getting here when franklin street closed due to ANOTHER UNC championship.

at least you guys have the canes to slow them down as well or else they could provide standard 1 day shipping to rawlee
uncduckman
hunter

Postby Gopack » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:56 pm

Are you talking about the Baseball Champoinship?Oh wait Ewenc coked up 4 errors in the deciding game to lose that one DESPITE having what like 8 guys drafted?I thought Roy Williams was coaching them in the ACC baseball tournament since all his tema seem to NOT show up for the tourney.So will it be the usual that we here nothing form tarholes till b-ball season?Or are you guys gonna finally acknowledge you have a football team,albeit a disappointing one, too!!!
Gopack
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:48 am

you really wanna talk about football???? and disapointing team?? and players getting drafted and finishing last in the ACC.. AND basketball coaches.

Gotta hand it to all the state fans. The sun does shine on a dog's arse once in a while.
But a State fan always thinks that sun will come tomorrow.

For me my dog needs sunblock :salude:
uncduckman
hunter

Postby Gopack » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:43 pm

Thanks for making my point. Even our "disappointing" teams STILL finish above .500 and go to bowl games. Whereas tarholes are happy as ever when you beat us, and yes you have owned us the last couple of years, but you're still sitting at home over the holidays praying to the "Alter of Dean" for something good. Maybe if Bunting set-up some post-eligibility packages for his players like Ol Roy did when he was at Kansas(which by the way is getting them placed on probabtion)maybe they'ld show up ANY other games except when they play the Pack!!
Gopack
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:55 am

you just keep finishing last in the ACC in football and tell us all how good you are...

you had the best qb in ACC history and barely finished 4th. Give me a break.

Then you have the best D and finish last.

Walk of champions...sorry I had to say that.

we have a few games with st mary's sisters of the blind this yr (aka Chucky style) so don't get your hopes up about beating us or us not making it to the post season.

Here is to hoping you land only one decent recruit just like last yr.

ode to chucky' we will miss him for this is his last yr. The only coach to make it to a bowl game on a regular and still get canned.

ask yourself if you did not play a university with every direction in the compass in its title. East, west, northern, southern Where would you be?

How is Sydney doing has he graduated yet? or is he still at Wake Tech ? dont you guys play them in football this yr? I wonder who sydney will be pulling for b/c state is not his Alma Mater. :hammering:

oh yeah Look out HERB is stealing your bball recruits.... while sydney is in class learning to read :toofunny:
Last edited by uncduckman on Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
uncduckman
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:10 am

You two are welcome to take this lively little discussion to the Fuge where its always welcome :salude:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby uncduckman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:31 am

NCSUDucker wrote:You two are welcome to take this lively little discussion to the Fuge where its always welcome :salude:

Ducker

I don't think gopack is ready for the fuge yet. I just figured we would liven thing up around here.
uncduckman
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:50 am

Actually gopack was a regular part of SDH back in its hayday, which was just as bad as the fuge. I think these forums lead cyclical lives with a fairly pronouced rise and fall. For what its worth it was nice looking down the whole front page of this forum (albeit it goes all the way back to February :oops: ) and not seeing anything that wasn't hunting related.

The unc/state thing just gets old. I'm a proud graduate of NCSU and I have family & friends that graduated from Carolina. Each school has there plus/minus. I love college sports in general, don't even watch the pros. But I no longer let it get me bent out of shape (well maybe a little while I'm watching the game :yes: ), guess thats a sign of age.

You guys carryon, but keep it civil. Just think about it like this, "would I really say this to the person's face?"

Ducker
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby uncduckman » Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:08 am

I grew up a hard core republican in chapel hill. I will say anything to anyone's face :toofunny:

It is a shame both football teams really do suck or we would have one of the best rivalries in the country.

keep in mind this all started by my tiny jab at monroe and his credit card issue at cabelas....I did not intend to get things rolling this way some are just sensitive esp when you talk about the pack.

THWF

I think we need that david thompson video over here.

:welcome:
uncduckman
hunter

Postby Gopack » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:48 pm

Ducker there's always time for a little Hole/Pack smack talk!!!I still respect all the heels just don't care for their left wing liberal leaning university!!
duckman, do you really want to talk about coaches not being able to recruit because they haven't passed NCAA test Jon Bunting!!!Why do you think his asst's had to recruit for his first 2YEARS, cause he couldn't pass th test!!!
I love when tarheels talk about how they are born and bread republicans!!I think you need to take a look at your university brother. Muslim recquiree reading for all incoming freshman, ANY conservative comments made in classs blasted by the professors, NO AMERICAN FLAGS ALLOWED ON FRANKLON ST, Look it up buddy, it'sin the laws.If UNC had it's way we would have no guns and old hands till their was peace!!!And even your chancelor, after someone tried to run over his fellow students in the name of Islam, refused to call it a terrorist act.
I know my PAck is not everything i think they should be, but at least I can be proud of NCSU as a university!!Just the truth brother!!
Gopack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting