Fishin

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Fishin

Postby TooTall » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:49 pm

I'm lookin for a place to fish around the Greenville area. My dad and I have fished on the Neuse a couple times with a little luck, but not any with the bass. I've got a 13' marsh boat and my dad has a 16' jon boat. Is there anywhere around to catch a few bass? How's the fishin on the Pamico? I've never fished brackish water.

Thanks
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby Yellowdog38 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Blounts Creek on the Pamlico has some good fishing along with Chocowinity Bay. If you want to drive a little farther, Lake Phelps in Washington county and Lake Mattamuskeet in Hyde county both have excellent bass fishing. The Roanoke river from Jamesville east use to be great, but one of the hurricanes a couple years back screwed that up. It should be rebounding in the next few years. I've heard good things from some of the peidmont lakes, but never fished that direction. I only like to head east. Almost forgot, I've had some some great days on the Chowan river too.
Yellowdog38
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting