Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach area???

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Ocean Isle, Sunset Beach area???

Postby DuckMauler » Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Has anybody on here ever hunted the ocean isle/sunset beach area, if so is it half descent???
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby Duck U 2 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:37 pm

"pin drop......" :tounge:
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Postby imaheelsfan » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:01 pm

Mauler, I'm a little farther east in Oak Island. In general the Coastal duck hunting has declined over the past few years. We used to hunt a good bit in the Cape Fear River, but even that has gone bad. About the only place to find ducks now is in the large, enclosed basins created from the beach renourishment projects. These "holes" are usually located along the intracoastal waterway.

If you go inland from Ocean Isle or Holden's beach you may find some Wood Ducks holding up in ponds or swampy beaver holes. Look for these from Supply down toward Ash.
imaheelsfan
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:16 pm

the reason i asked is because i go down there on vacation once a year, and have always wondered what is huntable on the intracoastal waterway or off of it down there, i know a guy who lives down there and has great hunts in swamps that feed off of the intercoastal waterway right there at sunset and ocean isle, but i just wanna know how much of it is legal to hunt, i cant find any regulations about it, and also where a public boat ramp is, ive never seen one to my knowledge while down there, but thanks for the info, if you can come up with any more i would greatly appreciate it!!!

DuckMauling101
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting