teal

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

teal

Postby Whompus Cat » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:56 pm

hey everyone, im a new member, i just got into duck huntin last year and of course im hooked, i live in raleigh and want to try teal hunting this year. i am a surveyor and deal with snakes and bugs all summer so that doesnt bother me. I'm looking a place to hunt and was looking into the roanoke river wetlands place and was wondering if anyone knew if its a good place for teal. any advice on teal hunting would be greatly appreciated
Whompus Cat
Membership permanently suspended

Postby NCSUDucker » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:01 am

Can't speak for the number of teal around Roanoke.

As for advice, teal will readily decoy to mallard and other decoys although a few teal decoys wouldn't hurt. The drake makes a little peep peep noise when in flight while the hens make a fast high pitched version of a mallard hen. Be careful hunting teal in the early season when everything isn't plummed out because young of the year woodies are often mistaken for teal.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting