Falls of Neuse Lake Duck Hunting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Falls of Neuse Lake Duck Hunting

Postby lvduckhunter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:01 pm

I am a new resident to your State (absolutely love it here) and am having difficulty getting reliable information about Falls of Neuse Lake Duck Hunting opportunities. I have found that you can put in for the special permit hunts... how about other public land opportunities on the lake? Can you hunt there and is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.
lvduckhunter
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:17 pm

Go to your local Wal-Mart and get a gameland map book. You can hunt alot of the lake and many of the creeks and swamps around the lake with no permit. The problem is that there are 3-4 times as many hunters as there are ducks. Pressure is heavy and you are almost certain to have someone set up on top of you. I have hunted the swamps for the past 5 yrs, but I am probably going to give it up because I'm tired of getting out there at 4am and every yahoo in the world is lining that creek and skyblasting ducks. By the time they get to your hole, they are wise and won't even give your dekes a second look. With all that being said, I have had some good hunts out there. One morning 3 years ago, 3 of us killed 14 ducks (10 mallards, 1 pintail, 1 gadwall, 1 wood duck, and 1 black duck)!
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby lvduckhunter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:27 pm

Thanks,

I have a small jon boat and an electric motor. Is getting on the lake away from people possible?
lvduckhunter
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:04 pm

If you have a small boat w/ outboard, you can find some nice spots on the Flatt river. The good spots on the lake will be crowded... If you go during the week, its alot better than saturdays.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby lvduckhunter » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:45 pm

kh
Last edited by lvduckhunter on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lvduckhunter
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:03 am

please read the post on cyberscouting. Get to know some of the guys on here and shoot them a pm. MAYBE they will help you.

Welcome to NC. it is an awesome place with alot of hunters and few ducks.
uncduckman
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting