DU or CWA

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

DU or CWA

Postby lvduckhunter » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:40 pm

Recent transplant to the Triangle Area...please forgive my driving. Love the area, and am looking forward to hunting in a new State. Any recomendations for either organization?
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
lvduckhunter
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:05 pm

Run as fast as you can when it comes to NCWA or SCWA :hammering:

Spend your money with Delta or DU.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Yellowdog38 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:50 am

Never thought I would agree with a State fan but I agree 100% with that statement. I got semi involved with NCWA several years ago, even had a booth at their state banquet, big mistake. A few "Fat Cats" reap the rewards from blue collar dollars. DU is far from perfect, but no national organzation can be, but I don't mind giving them my money. From what I know about Delta, they are doing some good things. I will have a booth at their local banquet this year, and will be finding out more as I go along.
Yellowdog38
hunter

Postby smokinquacknc » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:58 am

i believe that delta does some great things, however all of the money raised in NC for Ducks Unlimited goes to NC ducks, they are both great organizations but i would choose to spend my money on a great habitiat for atlantic flyway birds.
smokinquacknc
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 am

smokinquacknc wrote:i believe that delta does some great things, however all of the money raised in NC for Ducks Unlimited goes to NC ducks, they are both great organizations but i would choose to spend my money on a great habitiat for atlantic flyway birds.

While a lot of the money raised in NC does go towards programs such as Sound Care, not all of the money raised by DU in NC goes to NC projects. I'm treasurer for our local chapter so this is not meant as a slam towards DU. DU and Delta both have their positives and there is no problem with supporting both (I'm sponsor level with both). I do like the fact that Delta supports hunting while DU takes no official stance on hunting. Not to mention without ducks to migrate it won't make any difference what is done here in NC.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby lvduckhunter » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up, the Nevada Waterfowl Association had a completely different reputation. DU was the big enemy there. Of course, it was hard to get DU to committ any dollars in the desert.
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
lvduckhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting