new here

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

new here

Postby NCSUTACOMA » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:15 pm

hey yall,
new here, just wanted 2 post up in the NC forum to say hey to all the locals. i started duck huntin last year and was instantly addicted. I really dont know alot about duck huntin to be completely truthfull but im eager 2 learn any and everything i can. i picked up a pintail/wigeon call, a woodie call, and a hen mallard call to start off with. im tryin 2 learn the basic callin skills. i see the forum is full of usefull info and will be searchin out info on calling and decoy placement/use. any advice is greatly appreciated.
thanks
NCSUTACOMA
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:16 am

Welcome to the board!!
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:24 am

where do you hunt/live?
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:24 am

Hey at least you've got the right school :salude: Welcome and don't hesitate to ask!

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NCSUTACOMA » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:00 am

Monroeduck wrote:where do you hunt/live?

i actually live out in the middle of nowhere between Goldsboro and Kenly. i hunt down at the coast some. more commonly last year i hunted local in small swamps around my area (nothin to brag about, more like giant puddles) and 2 times on the river. as of saturday ill be at NCSU. i would really like 2 have access 2 my firearms and bow near the college for hunting and such. the only idea i had was 2 rent a climate controlled storage with a super small space and store them there. any suggestions guys??
NCSUTACOMA
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:44 am

I thought they had gun lockers next to the cow feed station @ NCSU...just kidding. :umm:

Welcome.

You will make a friends with someone that lives off campus by hunting season.
(I hope)
uncduckman
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:05 pm

Welcome!!
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Welcome

Postby lvduckhunter » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Welcome. Concerning your gun issue, I would echo previous post about making friends. When I lived on campus for a semester, I kept an old junker 870 under my seat of my truck for quick trips and kept the nice guns at home. Probably can't do that now with the all the hyper-sensitive security. The last thing you need is to wind up on some terrorist watch list for wanting to shoot a couple ducks! :smile:

Good luck!
It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice.
lvduckhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting