August Goose Opener????

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

August Goose Opener????

Postby Gopack » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:51 pm

Anybody see the article today on the new US Fish and Wildlife ruling basically taking Canada's off protections list.From what I read(and again I have A Johnston Co. education so my reading comprehension may be lacking), they gave local government the power to trap/destroy geese deemed to be a "nuisance" and destroy nest/eggs. The interesting part was it ok'ed August seasons for all states. Anybody read this or have spoke to WRC about if they're gonna try to implement anything this year?
Gopack
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:45 pm

Haven't seen anything about it. Where did you read it?
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:52 am

Didn't see the August opener but did see where it was rumored for awhile (actually I'm pretty sure the Feds gave the states the option) for a 15 bird limit, unplugged guns and electronic calls to reduce some of the resident numbers.

Not this year, but heck an increase to 8 birds....thats a lot of freaking goose meat to grind into jerky :help:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gopack » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:07 am

There was aright up on the second page of the News And Observer here in Raleigh. And yea "Ducker the 8 goose limit is nice.My brother in law 'bout died last year when we killed 6 and had to hump them back with a dozen magnum sheels 2 blinds and a dozen silos, about a mile on Falls.Jeez!!!
Gopack
hunter

Postby NCSUTACOMA » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:40 pm

NCSUTACOMA
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting