My tender boat blind a work in proress

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

My tender boat blind a work in proress

Postby Monroeduck » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:19 pm

Well started by blind for my layout tender. this is a work in progress so don't rip on me too much. Sort of looks like an El Camino running backwards not doesn't it. :) I went with a hard sided setup just because I wanted to, I know some don't like it but that is me. It will get painted and brushed. I was trying to make a set up where I could hunt while someone was in the layout, but also if I needed to just hunt on the banks I can cover the front and go to it.

Monroeduck
hunter

my tender boat blind a work in progree

Postby stumpjumper » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:19 am

Well Monroeduck, it looks pretty good to my so far. If you like it that`s all that really matters now isn`t it. :salude:
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pot Hole » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:26 pm

Kinda reminds me of a Republican Guard troop carrier. :toofunny:
Pot Hole
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:27 am

Well I basically finished the frame last night. The front section over the layout is removable and is just there to support fabric, same with the section over the motor. Now its just down to paint and getting material. I will roll up the camo and strap it to the top edge then unroll it once in place. Anchor will store in the back but I can get to the front cleat to attach it to the boat. I think this setup will work well for sea ducks, you have to remember the main goal of this boat is a tender for the layout but I wanted to be able to use it without much change if I wanted to hunt out of the boat.

Monroeduck
hunter

Postby JrCoach_Lou » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:21 am

What kind of boat is that? (Make, model?).

Thanks,
Lou
JrCoach_Lou
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:30 am

sea ark 2070 bay fisher 2002 with a 125 merc 2002 on the back.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby uncduckman » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:44 am

what kind of layout boat is that?
uncduckman
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:15 pm

uncduckman wrote:what kind of layout boat is that?

Its a UFO...they're out of Ohio.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Monroeduck » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:28 am

a couple of folks asked how I had the blind sitting on the boat. Here are some pics before i removed it today to do some upcoming fishing and other stuff. To be honest I wasn't impressed with how it came off the boat. It wasn't as stable as I thought it would be. I can't really add more lateral stability without taking up room in the boat. Bottom line i might be back at square one. The gap in the second picture is after I had removed the cross members so you can see how it fits under the gunnel.

Monroeduck
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting