Lookimg for a place.

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Lookimg for a place.

Postby TARHEEL3ID » Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:04 am

I was hoping someone could help me. I am still looking for a boat to hunt from, but in the mean time, I am trying to find a place that I can walk into. I have heard that there are some places that you can get to some of the potholes on the Rock, but when I look at the maps it doesn't add up. Does anyone know of anywhere walk-in hunters can go other than private ponds?
TARHEEL3ID
hunter

Postby Mr. Taxidermist » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:05 am

If its anything like Falls Lake area, just look for the trucks on Sat. mornings... Then, get there real early the next Sat. to beat the crowds.
Mr. Taxidermist
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:33 pm

I too have heard that there are places on HR to walk in. However i've only been able to locate 2 places that you can access legally. I've talked with several older hunters that are still walking in but most of the areas they speak of are not accesible unless you break the law or know the land owner. I'd love to find more places like that, saves time and money when you don't have to drag the boat to the lake.

THIN MAN
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Re: Lookimg for a place.

Postby Pot Hole » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:24 pm

TARHEEL3ID wrote:...I have heard that there are some places that you can get to some of the potholeson the Rock, but when I look at the maps it doesn't add up....

I try to keep it that way. :getdown:
Pot Hole
hunter

Postby talkinquack » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:01 pm

Tarheel3id wrote:I was hoping someone could help me. I am still looking for a boat to hunt from, but in the mean time, I am trying to find a place that I can walk into. I have heard that there are some places that you can get to some of the potholes on the Rock, but when I look at the maps it doesn't add up. Does anyone know of anywhere walk-in hunters can go other than private ponds?

So what are you saying? You don't like hunting with me? My boat ain't good enough? :laughing: :laughing:
Illusion Game Call Systems Pro-Staff
talkinquack
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting