Parker's Bay blind 1

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Parker's Bay blind 1

Postby bigdane » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:22 pm

Have it drawn for Friday and Saturday. Anyone know anything about this particular area and blind?
War Eagle For Salehttp://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=216868
22' Jones brothers Bateau
One Duckhill Kennel Lab
bigdane
hunter

Re: Parker's Bay blind 1

Postby bigsprig » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 am

Here's your sign!
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby gooosehunter » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:12 am

"by bigsprig ยป Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:42 am

PS, if any of you ask questions about Dare, Curritcuck, and Wilson, the answer will be either "get a guide", "draw for a permit", "blind laws", or "the tide and water is to tricky for your Topper 12 riveted duck ship/jon boat"[/quote]

Above should be base line for every new topic on NC forum! Just Saying. "

SHALL I TELL HIM OR WILL YOU BIGSPRIG?

On a serious note, I do not know anyhting about this blind location. Maybe call the local game warden and get his input.
Cheers
Dave
gooosehunter
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:51 pm

Just make sure your life insurance is up to date, buy your wife a black dress (just in case), and go for it. It's duck hunting! Stop asking stupid questions, quit whining, and go! If you survive it will be great and you can tell us all about it. If you die we'll pick up the slack and talk about you and how dumb you were. Either way, you're covered. :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby creekcaptain » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm

Your gonna wish you still had your mud :fingerhead: boat.
creekcaptain
hunter

Postby Technician » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:01 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Just make sure your life insurance is up to date, buy your wife a black dress (just in case), and go for it. It's duck hunting! Stop asking stupid questions, quit whining, and go! If you survive it will be great and you can tell us all about it. If you die we'll pick up the slack and talk about you and how dumb you were. Either way, you're covered. :thumbsup:

its like people cant go hunt or fish anymore without direct internet confirmation that at 9:03am a flock of duck will enter their spread or a school of fish will start biting at x location. Not all things need to be discussed on the internet for the world to see...plus your taking the chance that the person giving you the free info has any clue at all about what their talking about. Odds are they don't and the blind continue to lead the blind.
Technician
hunter

Postby bigdane » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:30 pm

It's a 7 hour drive. Not planning on driving 7 hours for public hunting without some confirmation that its even navigable to the blind. Some of you need to grow up. It was a simple question. I had never even heard of Parker's bay was looking for a little info that's all. Not your so called secret spot.
War Eagle For Salehttp://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=216868
One Duckhill Kennel Lab
bigdane
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:46 pm

From a grown up, hunting ducks over 50 years is pretty dg grown up.

My basic opposition to posts like this is : Why would someone apply for a blind you never heard of, in a place you have never been, with no knowledge of the area, and then go on a public forum and ask for help? :huh:

Call me old fashioned, but before I started putting in for NC draw blinds, I hunted with local guides, did off season exploring, purchased maps, charts, talked to other hunters at landing, etc.

I did not post questions on a public forum asking for advice, I found out stuff myself.

Guess that does make me old fashioned, cause we did not have the internet when I started hunting, we had the "old guy at landing with boat full of ducks net" so cyberscouting never occurs to me, Nuff Said?
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby bigdane » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:34 am

bigsprig wrote:From a grown up, hunting ducks over 50 years is pretty dg grown up.

My basic opposition to posts like this is : Why would someone apply for a blind you never heard of, in a place you have never been, with no knowledge of the area, and then go on a public forum and ask for help? :huh:

Call me old fashioned, but before I started putting in for NC draw blinds, I hunted with local guides, did off season exploring, purchased maps, charts, talked to other hunters at landing, etc.

I did not post questions on a public forum asking for advice, I found out stuff myself.

Guess that does make me old fashioned, cause we did not have the internet when I started hunting, we had the "old guy at landing with boat full of ducks net" so cyberscouting never occurs to me, Nuff Said?

Maybe I didnt apply for it? Maybe someone who did couldn't go and handed it off to me. I scout and hunt almost everyday of season, however I have been to currituck and have never been impressed. I didnt ask about your secret hole, what kind of decoys to bring, what kind of ducks are there, how to spread the decoys, what wind works best, or even if there is any ducks at all. All I wanted to know is over crowded, is it navigable, do I need a small boat, or a boat that can handle bay like waters. Thats it. If you think I wouldn't go up there a couple days in advance and check things out before the hunt you are wrong. But before I leave 7 hours from home I like to get all the info I can and be well prepared. No different than what you just said about talking to old timers or other hunters at a landing. So sorry for asking a little info from a fellow hunter. Its no wonder tree huggers, liberals, and peta are tearing us a new one.
One Duckhill Kennel Lab
bigdane
hunter

Postby steve382003 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:55 am

Correct me if I am wrong. But I do believe that permit is nontransferable.
steve382003
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:04 am

"Maybe I didnt apply for it? Maybe someone who did couldn't go and handed it off to me." :huh: If the guy who drew the blind ain't going, no one is going. Check the regs.

My friends and I drive anywhere from 5-7 hours to go on a hunt. It's the nature of the game. We don't have time to scout. We just go and make the best of it. Sometimes we even kill a duck, but we always have a good time. That's why I rarely put in for a GL hunt that is more than an hour from the house. I figure that I probably won't go, and I don't want to boot someone out that really knows the place and is excited about getting drawn. Maybe if some of us would do the same, some of these GL areas would be a lot nicer places to hunt. Every year I see a thread on GL draws, where every Tom, **** and Harriet is putting in for as many hunts as possible, knowing damn well that they probably won't show up at half of their draws. I do put in for Mattamuskeet though, because the government pretty well holds your hand and tells you when to go, where to go, what to do, how many times to shoot, and when you have to stop having fun. :smile:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby steve382003 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:39 am

Dingbatter 2 wrote:"Maybe I didnt apply for it? Maybe someone who did couldn't go and handed it off to me." :huh: If the guy who drew the blind ain't going, no one is going. Check the regs.

My friends and I drive anywhere from 5-7 hours to go on a hunt. It's the nature of the game. We don't have time to scout. We just go and make the best of it. Sometimes we even kill a duck, but we always have a good time. That's why I rarely put in for a GL hunt that is more than an hour from the house. I figure that I probably won't go, and I don't want to boot someone out that really knows the place and is excited about getting drawn. Maybe if some of us would do the same, some of these GL areas would be a lot nicer places to hunt. Every year I see a thread on GL draws, where every Tom, **** and Harriet is putting in for as many hunts as possible, knowing damn well that they probably won't show up at half of their draws. I do put in for Mattamuskeet though, because the government pretty well holds your hand and tells you when to go, where to go, what to do, how many times to shoot, and when you have to stop having fun. :smile:

Your 100% right Dingbatter.
steve382003
hunter

Postby bigdane » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 am

Son drew the blind his father couldn't go. Stop worrying about the details. Dingbatter 2 i see your signature says hunt smarter not harder, those are the terms I like to hunt by. Sorry for wasting your time. I should have known better.
One Duckhill Kennel Lab
bigdane
hunter

Postby FITZH2O » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:37 am

bigdane wrote: I should have known better.

You got that right
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
FITZH2O
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:50 am

Y'all really were ignorant with your responses to this guy. I know nothing about the area, the blind, or anything else. If I did I would've been willing to help him out some. And if I did know about the area and didn't want to help, then I would've just kept quiet.....Would that be too much to ask for? Come on guys, grow up. This guy was just doing a little research IMHO. I know if I lived in the NC mountains and it was a 7 hour drive for me to a permit hunt on the coast I would do as much research as possible too. It's not like he asked how to get to each of your houses and what your wife and kids look like. Just a general question. NC duck hunters have to be some of the rudest most unintelligient beings that I've ever encountered. It's one thing to just pick and joke trying to get under someone's skin, but just being down right rude is not acceptable.

Sir, I hope your hunt goes well.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:26 am

So "going to hand off blind to someone else", guess that is possible at blinds where there is no check in?

Often wondered about that. My only draw hunts have been at Bodie Island, Mattamuskeet, and Currituck NWR where you have to check in, show your permit, etc.

Guess the other blinds like Parkers Bay, Water Lilly, etc are open to who ever shows up? :huh:

Seems wrong to me that there is no check in or way to verify who is hunting those draw blinds?

As to advice, there are many good questions and replies on this site, it just seems that there are some posters that think Duck Hunting Chat is a service for finding where to hunt, how to hunt, etc. When specific questions are asked, there are generally pretty good advice and answers given.

Maybe we need a new forum "advice for newbie/beginner duck hunters", or "first time draw hunters" where they could post without us "bad guys" giving them a hard time. :fingerhead:
bigsprig
hunter

Parker's Bay blind 1

Postby m.teeter » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:44 pm

I hunt the coast as often as I can. I live 5 1/2 hours away. I'm not wealthy by no means. So the group I hunt with all get together and split all the costs all the way down to the food and beer. None of us have ever got on here and asked about where birds are. We just get up and go do a little scouting and hunt. If we don't kill anything, oh well. More than likely we will at least have some great stories to tell when we get home.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby cbrtrvr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:02 am

So how did your hunt to parkers bay go?
cbrtrvr
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting