New guys, read older postings before asking questions?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

New guys, read older postings before asking questions?

Postby bigsprig » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:56 am

OK guys, this is a little advice for the new guys that find and post on this site.

You can go back several years on this site very easily and search by blind name, lake name, duck type, boat type, etc.

So before you post a question asking about this or that, I suggest you do a search of previous posts and spend a few minutes reading the posts and responses before posting a new question.

Know this seems elementary, but apparently some of our newest members are not aware of the search option because they keep posting the same questions over and over (see Parkers Bay Blind for instance) There was sage advice given on that blind in years past that is easily found by doing a little work.

So if you do not want to have to file a hurt feelings report every time you post, spend a few minutes, search the past posts, and then if your question or topic is not discussed post away.

Have a safe New Year and wear your life preservers.

:welcome:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Re: New guys, read older postings before asking questions?

Postby ducklife » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 pm

I agree. I am new and have read the old post to see what they have done in previous years much easier. just dont ask a question either to those. I have a draw hunt and asked a few questions and got hammered. cyberscouting, do my scouting and home work. Did not think I was gonna get all that. I understand if I asked a question about public land but on a draw hunt. So read old post and dont ask questions at all. Less head ache and then you dont have to waste your time getting trash talked.
ducklife
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting