Do POSTED Signs mean anything?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Do POSTED Signs mean anything?

Postby Splashin' Divers » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Duck Hunting is becoming a crazy sport! In the last three days we have ran 9 parties off of the lease. Now, they arent even using float rigs they are just climbing into the blind that is clearly POSTED! We have placed posted signs every 150 yards! That are clearly visible! This morning there were four different groups of hunters trespassing! Then, this afternoon there were another 2 different groups in there trespassing! What is this sport coming to?
Splashin' Divers
hunter

Re: Do POSTED Signs mean anything?

Postby Bloke » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:20 pm

I swear people never cease to amaze me. How could you have an enjoyable hunt knowing you are trespassing on someone's property like that. You know they sit there and watch for boats harder than they watch for birds. Good luck with your poacher problem.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:28 pm

:violin: :violin: :violin:
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This should go on their permanent record, just saying!

You must have juicy spot, 9 parties in 3 days?

Did you advertise the blind locations or something?
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:35 pm

bigsprig wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must have juicy spot, 9 parties in 3 days?

Did you advertise the blind locations or something?

Yea, he gets on here about every other day and whins about his spot on the Bay River. Must be good and full of ducks with all the people he is running into. I'm even thinking about making a trip there the first of next week to see what it is all about. I would bet a good amount of the people who he is running into have read his Pamlico Co. reports on this site and gone to see what all the hype is about. Half of the problem is having open water public blinds that he claims to have absolute rights to and apparently he is loosing the battle of denying people their right to hunt the public waters in which they are entitled to.
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Wish he would post GPS and pictures so we could help him keep those nasty poachers away, I would like babysitting the blinds when he can not be there (with permission of course). Promise to only shoot gadwalls, cross my heart. :smile:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby merganser murderer » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:53 pm

EastBound&Down wrote::violin: :violin: :violin:

thats perfect for this guy, he does cry alot
merganser murderer
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 pm

you're a broken record

if they're breaking the law, call the GW.

if not, quit crying.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Metalman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:52 am

NORTH CAROLINA GENERAL ASSEMBLY
1981 SESSION
CHAPTER 581
SENATE BILL 616
AN ACT TO PROVIDE FOR SAFE DISTANCES FOR HUNTING MIGRATORY
WILD WATERFOWL IN CARTERET AND PAMLICO COUNTIES.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
Section 1. Except as provided in Section 2 of this act, it is unlawful to take
migratory wild waterfowl within 500 yards of another person's permanently established
hunting location.
Sec. 2. This act does not apply to a person taking migratory wild waterfowl:
(1) On property of which he is the landholder or has the landholder's
permission to hunt; or
(2) Within the riparian water area of property of which he is the
landholder or has the landholder's permission to hunt; or
(3) If he comes within 500 yards of another person's permanently
established hunting location only after legally shooting at migratory wild waterfowl and
while in active pursuit of a visible, crippled bird.
Sec. 3. The definitions of Subchapter IV of Chapter 113 of the General
Statutes apply in interpreting this act. A "permanently established hunting location" is a
blind, float, raft, mat, or other buoyant craft or any other location, position, or device
that is permanently established for hunting migratory wild waterfowl at a specific site
by:
(1) The landholder of the property; or
(2) The riparian landholder, if the site is on or in water and hunting rights
in that water are not controlled by someone other than the riparian landholder; or
(3) A person who has written permission to establish the permanent site
from a landholder who would qualify under subdivisions (1) or (2).
Sec. 4. Any person who violates this act is guilty of a misdemeanor. A first
offense is punishable by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) nor more than two
hundred fifty dollars ($250.00), imprisonment not to exceed five months, or both. A
second offense is a misdemeanor punishable by mandatory revocation of the violator's
hunting licenses and cancellation of all his hunting privileges for one year and by fine,
imprisonment or both in the discretion of the court. The court must notify the North
Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission of such revocation of licenses and
cancellation of privileges.
Sec. 5. This act applies only to the counties of Carteret and Pamlico.
Sec. 6. This act is effective upon ratification.
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

Why not just call the Sheriff, indict them and take them to court? :hammer: Good luck finding a GW this time of year. They are getting dozens of calls a day.

And to answer your question. No, posted signs are like locks. They only work for honest people.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby ss28583 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:40 pm

No signs do not mean anything to lazy @$$ people that"mooch" on other people's stuff. These blinds are ALL onshore blinds on leased property. I WILL be around the almost everyday through the end of the season. I will be taking down reg #'s and taking pictures then going to the sheriffs office!
Steve Smith
USCG Licensed Captain
ss28583
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:45 pm

ss28583 wrote:No signs do not mean anything to lazy @$$ people that"mooch" on other people's stuff. These blinds are ALL onshore blinds on leased property. I WILL be around the almost everyday through the end of the season. I will be taking down reg #'s and taking pictures then going to the sheriffs office!
hey there bubs, see you in the morning
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:55 pm

The blind law is one of the stupidest laws to ever be enacted. Unless you are an outfitter who makes a living on it. People who pay the state to have that Outfitter license! And don't give me that BS about you paying taxes to the state. Heard that song and dance before. It should be illegal to justify building a permanent blind and calling it private. You are blatantly stealing hunting grounds from the public. This law is totally BS and it's a law against the land and the duck hunters who hunt in Pamlico and Carteret counties. Plain and simple. I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with this issue anymore! :hi:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby seacern » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:06 am

"An Act to Provide for safe distances"

The intended purpose of the law is clearly stated. Some are trying to use the law to wrap up public waters by placing blinds every 500 feet.

My understanding of the law after discussing it with people charged with enforcing, prosecuting and sentencing violators:

These two counties do not license blinds build on public waters. Blinds built on public waters become public property. Anyone can use them.

Blinds built on private land are obviously private property and protected by trespass laws.

The law in general is being abused by the greedy to lock people out of public hunting opportunities. The people in charge of enforcing the law understand the sole intent "An act to provide for safe distances". Therefore, enforcement has chosen only to enforce this law when the permanent blind is occupied and being actively hunted.
seacern
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:19 am

"An Act to Provide for safe distances"

The intended purpose of the law is clearly stated. Some are trying to use the law to wrap up public waters by placing blinds every 500 feet.

My understanding of the law after discussing it with people charged with enforcing, prosecuting and sentencing violators:

These two counties do not license blinds build on public waters. Blinds built on public waters become public property. Anyone can use them.

Blinds built on private land are obviously private property and protected by trespass laws.

The law in general is being abused by the greedy to lock people out of public hunting opportunities. The people in charge of enforcing the law understand the sole intent "An act to provide for safe distances". Therefore, enforcement has chosen only to enforce this law when the permanent blind is occupied and being actively hunted.

It would be nice if the latter part of that were true, but I"ve never ever met a good game warden. And the ones that I've encountered(which as been a lot) will try anything they can to give you a ticket for any reason. It's like they're looking for trouble. I hope that's the way they're enforcing. You will never convince me that there is a decent gw in the whole state though unless I see it myself. And blind laws are ridiculous. But whatever. So are 80% of the laws in nc.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

That's because most of the people GW's meet lie to them. But then on the other hand, most "hunters" are poachers and renegades as well. I guess it balances out. :lol3:
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:20 pm

I've been checked several times this season, no problems what so every. In fact most GW have given me a info and suggestions on what they have seen. I have my stuff ready when I see them coming, they check me and move on. No harm no foul.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:55 pm

That's because most of the people GW's meet lie to them. But then on the other hand, most "hunters" are poachers and renegades as well. I guess it balances out.

Not saying that I've always been the biggest legal eagle all my life, but I've never ever done anything unethical. I've never ever met a gw that I liked or one that I felt like was doing a good job. I ALWAYS have my crap ready when long before they ever pull up. License in hand, shells ready, etc.... But when they say, "Well let's walk 300 yards to your boat and check ever single compartment" right in the peak flight of the morning, or when they pick your chair up and unzip the bottom of it and dump it all without ever putting any of it back, or they tell you that you are going too fast through a no wake zone(while they're looking through binoculars at 800 yards) and the only thing you have going is the troller motor, or when you're chasing down a crippled and they try to tell you you're rallying for doing the ethical thing, or when you're back in the woods behind the blind trying to relieve yourself with your pants down and they come walking up behind you and don't ever think to respect your privacy, or when they want to argue with you for 30 minutes that a hen mallard is not a legal bird because they are so stupid that they can't identify it, or when they want you to take your plug out of your gun so they can examine it in the dove field then after seeing that it plainly works they intentionally try to make it shorter so they can give you a ticket, or when they try to tell you that a 9.5 inch crappie is too short on a lake that has an 8 inch limit, or when they can't answer any question that you have about certain regulations, then I get angry. Because all of the above things(any many many more) have happened to me. I hate gw's, I disdain their existence, they all are horrible, they're the lowest form of life on earth as far as I'm concerned. I would rather sit down and have lunch with a terrorist than to piss on a nc gw. Until I meet one that changes my mind, this is how my mindset will be. I don't like them, I'm not going to make their lives easier other than having my license ready. As far as I'm concerned if gw's are making any kind of income whatsoever then they're overpaid. But this is the way that I feel towards the whole entire NCWRC. I quit applying for permit hunts. I don't do anything extra that goes towards them any more. They far more than enough of my money every year when I pay for my sportsman license.
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:52 am

DuckMauler wrote:
That's because most of the people GW's meet lie to them. But then on the other hand, most "hunters" are poachers and renegades as well. I guess it balances out.

Not saying that I've always been the biggest legal eagle all my life, but I've never ever done anything unethical. I've never ever met a gw that I liked or one that I felt like was doing a good job. I ALWAYS have my crap ready when long before they ever pull up. License in hand, shells ready, etc.... But when they say, "Well let's walk 300 yards to your boat and check ever single compartment" right in the peak flight of the morning, or when they pick your chair up and unzip the bottom of it and dump it all without ever putting any of it back, or they tell you that you are going too fast through a no wake zone(while they're looking through binoculars at 800 yards) and the only thing you have going is the troller motor, or when you're chasing down a crippled and they try to tell you you're rallying for doing the ethical thing, or when you're back in the woods behind the blind trying to relieve yourself with your pants down and they come walking up behind you and don't ever think to respect your privacy, or when they want to argue with you for 30 minutes that a hen mallard is not a legal bird because they are so stupid that they can't identify it, or when they want you to take your plug out of your gun so they can examine it in the dove field then after seeing that it plainly works they intentionally try to make it shorter so they can give you a ticket, or when they try to tell you that a 9.5 inch crappie is too short on a lake that has an 8 inch limit, or when they can't answer any question that you have about certain regulations, then I get angry. Because all of the above things(any many many more) have happened to me. I hate gw's, I disdain their existence, they all are horrible, they're the lowest form of life on earth as far as I'm concerned. I would rather sit down and have lunch with a terrorist than to piss on a nc gw. Until I meet one that changes my mind, this is how my mindset will be. I don't like them, I'm not going to make their lives easier other than having my license ready. As far as I'm concerned if gw's are making any kind of income whatsoever then they're overpaid. But this is the way that I feel towards the whole entire NCWRC. I quit applying for permit hunts. I don't do anything extra that goes towards them any more. They far more than enough of my money every year when I pay for my sportsman license.

So DuckMauler......tell us how you really feel :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Hate that you have had so many bad experiences. Not all of them are that bad....
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:55 am

Metalman wrote:[b]
offense is punishable by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) b]

I would like to prepay my $10 before I hunt the blind. Where should I send the check to?
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:59 am

ss28583 wrote:No signs do not mean anything to lazy @$$ people that"mooch" on other people's stuff. These blinds are ALL onshore blinds on leased property. I WILL be around the almost everyday through the end of the season. I will be taking down reg #'s and taking pictures then going to the sheriffs office!

If you have a good attitude when you come up I will invite you to join us for breakfast. Might even ask you to join us in the blind to shoot a few ducks if I like you.
:welcome:
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby montana quackhead » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:56 am

EastBound&Down wrote:
Metalman wrote:[b]
offense is punishable by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10.00) b]

I would like to prepay my $10 before I hunt the blind. Where should I send the check to?

Haha! I like that one! :hammer:
Give me some quack and I'll never work again
montana quackhead
hunter

Postby Metalman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I find that most of the duckhunters I encounter on my lease are aware of the blind laws and make the choice to set-up and poach/tresspass and in doing so, decide to break the law and become criminals. Hoping the landowner or leasee will not show that day...
This topic has been beat to death every year on various duckhunting forums, and each year its the same ol BS.
The law, statute, has been posted many times and read by many of you, based on your knowledge of the subject. Eitherway, if I encounter someone, anyone, or you on MY lease in Pamlico County, I will ask you to leave once, then I will take the photographs and video, and then begin making the phone calls. You can have your breakfast, you can drink your coffee, and you can stand on the bow of your boat and preach about how unfair you think the blind laws are......
BUT, YOU WILL NOT BE DOING ANY DUCK HUNTING (DUCK SHOOTING) ON MY LEASE, WHILE I AM PRESENT! You can count on it!
If I roll up on you, while you are on my lease, you already have a few strikes against you. 1. You are a tresspasser. 2. You are a criminal. 3. If you make the mistake, as most do, and acknowledge to me that you're aware of the blind laws, and my posted signs, then you're a special kind of stupid. When you are a special kind of stupid, that always works against you.
The law is the law. You don't have to like it. You do have to obey it. It is, what it is!
Hunt on the public areas, join a lease or club...
Dislaimer: I am not hiding behind a keyboard. My full name is in my signature. If you happen to encounter me, on my lease, then at least you'll know me by name and from these posts. Good luck this coming new year and the rest of your duck season. Be respectful to your fellow duckhunter, landowner, and leasee. Who knows, if you're not a special kind of stupid, good things might begin to come your way.
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

How come no one ever complains about hunting in Currituck Sound? Haul your rig down there one weekend and start hunting and see what happens. :lol3:
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:09 pm

:grooving: lOVE THIS :clapping: :beer:
DuckMauler
hunter

Next

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting