How far from Charlotte to duck hunt?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Postby jfulco » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:57 pm

Been here a year now and miss my ability to set decoys and hunt fields and ponds in Texas. How far from Charlotte would I have to go to get a hunting lease and/or hunt in some fields or small water? I am not a big river fan, or wood duck fan.

Thanks for any leads & suggestions!!
jfulco
hunter

Re: How far from Charlotte to duck hunt?

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:59 am

That's a tough one. I figure about a thousand miles. :thumbsup:

Seriously, places like that are few and far between in NC. You may want to join an established club (deer) with some water and hunt when you can.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:54 am

You moved to the wrong state not to be a wood duck fan. That's the majority of what we shoot in the central region of NC.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Doubleplay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:10 am

Too far. When it comes to decent duck hunting and not hunting woodies you are in the wrong state. I was in Texas last week hunting ducks and amazed with the amount of opportunities. The closest thing in NC might be leasing an impoundment and hoping for the right weather or having a boat blind and hunting open water. Unfortunately this is 600 miles+ away from Charlotte.
Doubleplay
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 am

Doubleplay wrote:Too far. When it comes to decent duck hunting and not hunting woodies you are in the wrong state. I was in Texas last week hunting ducks and amazed with the amount of opportunities. The closest thing in NC might be leasing an impoundment and hoping for the right weather or having a boat blind and hunting open water. Unfortunately this is 600 miles+ away from Charlotte.

600? REALLY? The whole state is only about 400 miles long.

Seriously, you would need to be prepared to drive 5-6 hours east to get to semi-decent duck hunting.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby Doubleplay » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:01 am

wahoowilly wrote:
Doubleplay wrote:Too far. When it comes to decent duck hunting and not hunting woodies you are in the wrong state. I was in Texas last week hunting ducks and amazed with the amount of opportunities. The closest thing in NC might be leasing an impoundment and hoping for the right weather or having a boat blind and hunting open water. Unfortunately this is 600 miles+ away from Charlotte.

600? REALLY? The whole state is only about 400 miles long.

Seriously, you would need to be prepared to drive 5-6 hours east to get to semi-decent duck hunting.

You got to drive back right? 300 mile one way!!!! :smile:
Doubleplay
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Unfortunately this is 600 miles+ away from Charlotte.

Nice try.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:58 am

I hunt around the charlotte area, PM me if you'd like to go sometime. Not the best hunting round here but its definately something to do
MichaelT
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting